Names: Changed your mind?

iVillage Member
Names: Changed your mind?
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 8:31pm

Okay, okay I'm sure my husband probably wants to throttle me for this. Lately I've had this panicked thought of: What if she gets here and I see her and she isn't 'Cordelia Zoe'? What in the world will I do?

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 8:42pm

I have the same fear! I am in love with the name Ireland Kay but what if I look at her and she doesn't look like Ireland?? I also Love the name Addelynn. So I am keeping that one on the back burner.. Just incase Addelynn looks back at me on that day :) I have purposely not gotten anything with her name or initials.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 8:45pm
I think that's my problem too! Everyone will freak out if I change the name when she is born though.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 8:54pm

They'd freak on me too. But you know what they'd get over it! :)

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:31pm
You're right. It isn't worth a lifetime of "I made a mistake". I think it would be awful hard for me to convince DH away from our name though. We had originally decided we wanted her to be Alice-Sophia or some variation thereof, then we fell back on our original-original of Cordelia Zoe. My issue I'm having (privately of course) is that it is so ill received. I knew it was a name no one was crazy about and I thought it wouldn't bother me but it kind of is. It's a little bit of a mouthful too with harsh consonants and no flowing sounds. I can tell by the way I'm feeling about it that it's not sitting well with me lately. Crud! I do have pretty wooden initials on the wall already and I love the initials and the way it sounds but something isn't working. How is that possible?! lol

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 10:07pm
I haven't changed my mind, but I know someone who did. She had her name all set, but after several months, she didn't see her daughter with that name, so she went through an official name change. Now that her daughter is almost 10, she (the daughter) wants to go by her original name....go figure! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 10:30pm

What was it that attracted you to her name initially?

http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:18pm
Let me say, I love love love both Sophia and Fiona. I remember back when I was younger and Fiona Apple was popular I thought she had the best name ever :)

Apparently admitting I had a problem was the first step in a million step process lol After I came on here and wrote this I admitted to myself the name wasn't clicking (which is not good enough for me) and called my mom. I at this point have emailed my family and husband to let them know not to initial anything etc because I've got to change the name. I feel sort of like I have let myself down by being this shifty. I have no idea what this little one's name will be now! Holy cow! This feels far too late in the game to be playing this game. Not to mention getting my husband's input when he is so far away is nigh impossible.

I'm laughing now because I feel better honestly. I feel like I am waiting for the cosmic connection I felt for my other kids and their names. Now what...?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:30pm
Good for you for going with your gut. And yes, it is better to know now than regretting it later. What other names do you like? Are you thinking of going w/ your second name choice or something totally different? Time to visit the ivillage name boards! Make a list here, if you're looking for some input.

And thanks, I loved Fiona Apple too.
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:38pm
I don't think I really have a second name choice, which sort of makes me a bit panicky. The drawing board is completely blank. I've looked over countless lists. I think another thing that should make me know it was not the right choice is that my 4.5 year old kept telling me it wasn't the right name. It sounds silly, but he has a very close connection to her already and is in love with my tummy. I have the feeling he knows ;)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 12:02am
That is why I prefer to meet the baby before choosing a name. A lot of times I have felt like I loved a name for several months of the pregnancy but then after awhile I just wasn't feeling it. Follow your heart and you will find the right name.

Photobucket

Pages