Nervous...

iVillage Member
Nervous...
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 2:14pm

I'm feeling very nervous these days that I'm not going to go into labor on my own with this little guy. I know it's still early and I have plenty of time, but NOTHING has been happening. By this time with DD I was having lots of BH and I was already thinned out and starting to dilate. As of Monday, I was still thick and closed and I've barely had any BH. I just don't want to be induced, that's my biggest fear. I feel that even if I'm over a week overdue, I still would want nature to take it's course. I haven't talked with my MW about this yet, so I don't know what her protocol usually is. UGH! Sorry for the vent, I just feel like everyone has lots happening and I'm at a stand still.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: sweet_k29
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 3:30pm
Hang in there! It will happen. And even if you do need to be induced, try not to fear it because that will only make it harder. I had 2 pitocin inductions and the first was so fast and easy and I had no issues at all. the 2nd had other complications but wasn't due to the pit. The nice thing about the pit is that they can control it and it doesn't have to be fast and hard and crazy. Be informed and talk with your doctor so that if just in case you do need the induction, you can relax and feel good about it and not tense and worried. Just remember, that everything can change in a minute. I never would have thought that I'd wake up feeling great and nothing like labor starting and before midnight Levi was born a whole month early. You'll be just fine!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 6:11pm
I know it's silly to worry this early, since I haven't even reached my due date yet. But since I had such a wonderful experience with DD, I can't be greedy and expect to have such a smooth time this time around too. I guess in I way I feel like since DH and I have such an easy time getting pregnant, then I had a great experience with DD's delivery compared to most of my friends, something is bound to happen to shake things up. This last trimester has been such a HUGE challenge and I've been so miserable. I would just hate to have to suffer through more hassles and possible complications from an induction. Ah the wonderful thoughts that go through our head at this stage!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 4:42pm
No kidding. I feel like it's never happening here either. I don't really want to have to be induced just because I don't want to be any more likely to have a c section. I have no advice. We can do nothing but wait.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 4:37pm
Totally understand your fear. I don't want to be induced ethier as I was with my daughter and want a different birth experience this time around.

You may not get any BHs. I've heard from many women they never had any and just went into labor one day without any "signs". Just like you can have all the signs of labor and not go into labor for a long while.

We're due just a day apart. I feel like I'm at my due date already since I never went beyond 38wks last time. Just try to relax and trust your body. I know, easier said than done.
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 4:24pm

I have had zero

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 3:14pm
I know I've heard of other midwives letting women go over 42 weeks. I don't see why not if everything is ok with you and baby. But, even still, you could still go into labor well before that, without any signs.

Photobucket