Nesting motivation is sporadic

iVillage Member
Nesting motivation is sporadic
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 12:38pm

I keep getting hit by random motivation to clean/organize. I'll have a day where I feel like I accomplish a lot, and then for a few days I'm useless. I cleaned my floors the other night and sanitized my bathrooms (they get dirty with my oldest son using the bathrooms :: sigh ::) then for the last few days I've focused on other things. Finally last night my mom had finished painting the nursery (which unfortunately I have to touch up some but it's no biggie) and I marked the wall for the wallpaper border and had Daley help me put together the crib. He has been such a man of the house with DH gone. Really. He gets diapers for me, fetches things, hands things to me, helps me put together furniture, etc. He is always on my belly too. He hugs it and kisses it multiple times a day. He talks to it because he says Cordelia needs to know he is here and he loves her. He even stood next to my bed the other morning and held out his hand to help 'keep me steady' while I was getting up! Anyway, he is helping my nesting but it certainly is stop and go. I hope to have the nursery finished by the 18th so I can spend next weekend cleaning clothes, pillow covers, etc and getting everything ready. I wanted to have the nursery completely finished and my hospital bag ready by the end of February and it looks like I might get there!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 12:52pm
Ive nested like this with all my pregnancies.. im a spardic nester as well.. lol.. my sister always nests like.crazy the day before.. i do it all 9 monthes off and on.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 1:57pm

That is so awesome that you have a little helper in the house. :) I get the urge to nest in spurts as well. This morning I was mopping, got some of Adam's blankets washed and folded, doing laundry, and now my body is telling me I have to stop, but I so want to just keep going.

I haven't gotten my hospital bag packed yet. I really need to get to that. I can't believe how close to the finish line we are getting. I am a procrastinator by nature and being so close to the deadline really motivates me.

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 2:22pm
I've been off and on, too. On Monday night, I did all of the laundry to get baby clothes washed and folded/organized about 2/3 of it (the last third is still in the dryer). I moved the crib to another part of the room because I wanted to have more open space, even though the crib is going to be moved into our room in the next month or two. I haven't washed the blankets and swing covers yet, but I'm waiting to get our bedding set before we do that so I can do everything at once. I have some things in the diaper bag sitting in the crib that we might need for the hospital, but we really don't need anything and I won't let myself go crazy on purchases until later. I think I might be in denial that she'll be here in 9 weeks.
Photobucket