OT: crafty ladies, care to share?

iVillage Member
OT: crafty ladies, care to share?
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 4:06pm

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Somnio_Amoris/Sewing/

That's my link to the portfolio I have of some of my sewing projects. It's fun to share, I'd love to see some of yours! I can't wait to know what this baby is to start sewing for him/her.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 8:13pm
These are awesome!! I wish I had the talent and the time to be crafty. By the way your boys are adorable!! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 10:19pm
Thank you! Sewing was something I randomly picked up and just happened to be good at. I was shocked to have found a real talent on a whim like that. Now it is therapeutic for me. It certainly doesn't save any money to sew your own things, but I feel good to do it. I'd like to think I'm making heirlooms, you know? It does take time though. If I wasn't staying at home and *making* time for it, I'd never be able to. Thank goodness my machine is fairly portable.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 8:46am
Maybe you can helP me! I am not very good at sewing. I have a Brother sewing machine my mom bought for me and when I go to sew something all of the thread bunches up on the underside and now I can't sew anything. I am a sewing idiot and can't seem to figure out how to correct it. Tried something I found online a while ago to fix it but it didn't work.

I will have to get some of my knitting up on Flickr to share! I do have some felt creations and my photography on there.

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 11:50am

ETA: ADORABLE!

Liz DD (4) & DS (EDD 4/30) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:39pm
Hmmm my first thought would be that your thread tension is out of whack. Usually what I do when those inevitable hang ups occur is rethread the needle, take out the bobbin and reinsert it, make sure the needle is secure, restart the machine, and try again! If you still have a problem, I strongly recommend consulting your machine's instruction manual. Usually they have a section on trouble shooting by the problem and you can take care of it.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:40pm
Aren't bags a ton of fun to sew?! I love doing them! They are easy patterns to tinker with too. I've made on maternity shirt so far that will come in handy when I'm bigger later on down the road this spring. I've always loved doing clothes but am only just now getting where I have the experience to alter things. I've only been sewing for two years, but I love, love, love it!

Photobucket<