Pickles for breakfast?!?!

iVillage Member
Pickles for breakfast?!?!
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 10:00am

It's so hard to figure out what I want to eat this pregnancy...for pratcially every meal. This morning I couldn't figure out what sounded good for breakfast. The only thing that sounded appealing were pickles!! I'll have a craving for something randomly but of course I never have it in the house. DH and I are going grocrery shopping later and I always try to figure out what might sound good or think ahead as to what I might get a craving for. But of course everytime I go through the grocery store, nothing hits me. I always end up passing by almost everything because nothing seems to catch my eye. I find myself going through the fridge, the freezer, and all of the cabinets for at least 10 mins before I settle for something.

Anyone else having trouble deciding what they want to eat?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 5:47pm
Yeah I feel like that a lot! I will be really hungry but nothing appeals to me. Even the thought of going out and getting something doesn't appeal to me. Very random! I have eaten some strange things for breakfast too. I will wake up starving and eat the dinner leftovers LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 7:26am
Hun, I have broccoli & cheddar soup from Panera Bread almost every morning.....if not that then maybe chips & salsa. I totally understand what you mean, if I eat something I didn't necessarially want, it ends up coming back up:( I feel like I spend so much $$$ on food this pregnancy all because I can't decide what I want, oh & who feels like cooking?
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 7:58am
I love pickles! I canned 24 quarts this summer! I say eat whatever you want, when you want it, even if it seems weird. But I know what you mean about not having what sounds good or nothing sounds good. It's how I end up at McDonalds far too often!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 7:43am

Rye bread with pickles is a rather normal breakfast sandwich here,

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:10am

I so hear you.

There are times where I am absolutely starving but nothing sounds good. I will walk around the kitchen looking for something but find nothing appealing and end up just eating what I find.

I've also been having weird cravings. When you mentioned pickles for breakfast the urge to get up and drink some pickle juice has come back again. For some reason this pg I can't help but crave mustard and pickle juice-not together. Still it's gross. I haven't eaten but the rare occassional pickle since I was a kid.

I think in order to have whatever I crave for the moment I would be making several trips to the grocery store in one day. Something that sounded good yesterday doesn't sound good the next. Makes me crazy.

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:43am
It's so nice to know that I'm not alone. I don't remember having such a hard time finding things to eat when I was pregnant with DD. I knew exactly what I wouldn't eat, but I always had a craving for something and it usually lasted for a few months. It frustrates DH because he's always one to let me decide what we have to eat or where we go if we go out to eat. I love pickles anyways but always end up eating them much more when I'm pregnant.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 12:38pm

Oh yeah!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 3:25pm

I am actaully not craving anything, just the baby who has ideas what I can and cant eat.