Planning pampering pre-baby?

iVillage Member
Planning pampering pre-baby?
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 11:10pm

I was thinking about getting a cut and color before baby makes her grand debut. I'm feeling in a bit of a funk about personal appearance. I tend to bloat up a good bit when I'm pregnant and gain a second chin (which I hate) not to mention all the weight gain anyway. I know I won't feel up to it after baby gets here, so I'm considering going to the salon sometime next month when my mom can watch the kids. I need a pick me up/reminder that I'm still sexy somewhere in there and that after she gets here it is worth fighting for to get it back, you know? How about you guys? Any plans? Any ritual things you like to do before hand? I sure wouldn't mind a message or even just a pedicure either...

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:45am

You are allowed to color you hair while pregnant?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 8:26am

I know how you feel. I don't even like looking at myself at the moment. I booked a color, and Highlights for next month, but I was considering splurging for a pedicure as well. I figure I'll have no time right after baby gets here so mind as well go get pampered a little. Although I might do the pedi on a seperate day. I've always colored and highlighted during pregnancy my Dr, said it's fine after 1st Trimester.

siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 10:37am
I got a gift certificate from my odd back on oct for a pedicure...im planning on using that.

At least my toes will be nice. :)

I want my eyebrows done too....they have been neglected lately!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:23pm
My doctors have always said it was fine, no matter the timing of the pregnancy or anything. I don't know--I've always done it. I don't color it often but I need something soon. I went very dark last time and it's grown out. When I tried to even out the color a bit I chose one too light and now my roots are lighter than my natural color and the rest of my hair is soft black. -_-; Oops! I think if I just got it done they could conceal my mistake a bit. A full body massage sounds amazing. I've never actually gotten a massage. I'd like to though.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:24pm
My eyebrows need it too. I've plucked them some but it's really not the same. I don't care if the bushier eyebrows are coming back in style--I don't like it for myself!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:28pm

I want to get my hair cut...hopefully next month before we go have maternity pictures taken. I also want to go for another massage before this little one is here! I've been trying to go once a month to help with the pregnancy aches. Luckily I can go to the school where I took my massage course and get an hour long massage for $25 since it's students massaging :) I can't wait to be able to go for another one :) I would love to go with my friend and get a pedicure because I've never had one but will have to see when she has time to go with me :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:30pm
Pedicures are wonderful--particularly with friends! I hope you get to make it happen :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:37pm

The pregnancy massage isn't the same as a normal one and said to be really nice.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 9:45pm
I dont think i'll be doing anything about my hair, Its brown and long, about 4 inches above my bum now. I'll be getting some highlights added after the baby, I feel like I need more of a refreshment after the baby as opposed to before. I find it a good way to start the "getting myself and my body back". I'll be getting a massage every 2 weeks starting this week, I've been getting them once a month so far and they just help so much. I'll be going for a pedi in a few weeks as well. I got one last week and it makes my fat cankled swollen feet look a little better! lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 9:55pm
My only reason that I'm not going to try and go after baby is because I know I'll have zero time. Otherwise, I'm like you and I know I'll need that pick me up afterwords. Especially when my belly is saggy and otherwise gross and I never get any sleep. Another reason I probably ought to cut my hair, though I am loathe to.

Photobucket<

Pages