pre labor : how long?

iVillage Member
pre labor : how long?
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 9:32am
Did you have pre labor? How long did it last before real labor? I've been contracting and aching for over 48 hours with it not being consistent and making zero real change. It's not super painful but uncomfortable enough to keep me up at night. I keep thinking that eventually it has to progress or i will lose my mind. My next ob appt is Thursday but I'm ready to talk to someone now lol

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:28am
I've been contracting for the better part of the last few weeks off and on. I've had irregular contractions for about 6-8 weeks. When I was checked on Tuesday last week, I hadn't dilated or effaced and my cervix was still way back, so I had absolutely no progress. I wish I could be of more help. Hopefully you'll start progressing again soon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:42am
I've been like that for 2 weeks now lol.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:47am
Yeah unfortunately I have had that for weeks before births in the past. I have heard it is more common with the more children you have.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:50am
Ugh. This is very lame. I'm disheartened.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 5:00pm
I'm not sure if I've been having pre-labor or just BH over the last few days, I'm not sure how to tell the difference? Last Friday night I had contractions 10-12 min apart for about 2 hours, but then they went away. Then the same thing last night but only for about an hour. They sort of hurt, but more like period cramps and only really low, right above my pubic bone, nothing to get excited about since they never got closer together or hurt more. I get them throughout the day too, but nothing regular other than those two nights.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:43pm
I know it stinks :( I keep thinking to myself, is this something? is tht something? and then nothing happens :( hopefully not too much longer!