Skipped Lab Tests, what do you guys think?

iVillage Member
Skipped Lab Tests, what do you guys think?
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 3:50pm

I feel fairly certain I should be tsk, tsking myself right now but I skipped out on my lab tests I was apparently supposed to have done after my last appointment. If you ever saw my update about my appt on Nov 10th you'd see that I was in a pretty bad mood by the end of the whole ordeal. Anyway, I never went back to have the lab work done. It was an early screen for GD and the voluntary quad screen. I figured at the time I'd go ahead and have the quad screen done just because but I honestly could care less. I just wonder if they'll even notice I didn't have it done when I go back at 24 weeks. Probably not. :-/ I'm still peeved!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 3:54pm
It's your call. It depends on how meticulous they are at your information on the chart. If you want to skip the quad, they can't make you take it unless you have a history. The early GD might be worth it, but as long as it's taken at about 28 weeks, I think you're still okay.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 4:51pm
I wouldn't worry about them unless you have a history of GD and there was a reason it was being done early.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 7:40am
They can't make you if you don't want to. It's a screening test and there are other signs of GD that could show up along the way if you didn't do the test. Have you had issues with GD before? If not, I'd not worry about it but if you have then maybe I'd ask about it and get it.

I have never done a triple or quad screen myself.

It's ok to be peeved, but don't hold onto it too long, it's stress that you and the baby don't need. :)
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-22-2011 - 1:25pm
I'm not having the GD test done this time, my OB said I didn't have to since I've never even come close to having it.