Tuesday Check in!

iVillage Member
Tuesday Check in!
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:11am

How's everybody doing out there in ivillage land?

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:44am
Hey Juliana, Doing good here and anxiously waiting to go into labor (all moved in now!) so I know how you feel.

I would say go ahead and have your membranes stripped anyway if you are that anxious. The worst that could happen is your kids are with someone less than ideal for a few hours. And you don't KNOW if you are going to go into labor anyway. Also, what if you went into labor on your own anyway? Wouldn't it be the same sitch? Anyways, it's all up to you of course :)

When would your dr want to induce you? Will she not just monitor you closely and allow you to try to go into labor on your own? I guess I will be addressing all this w/ my dr at my next appt Wed afternoon. I really don't want the pitocin again, unless I really need to be induced for some medical reason.

http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 12:04pm
I'm still here. I had an appt yesterday and no change, still at 3cm. I go again next Monday, I'll be 39 weeks, 4days. They havent mentioned anything about membrane stripping, i wonder if they even offer it. I plan on walking a lot this week and having lots of sex. I really, really want to go into labor before my scheduled c. I'm considering castor oil if I haven't had this baby a couple days before the c section.

Will they let you go past your due date before induction or are you just, done?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 12:15pm
They would let me go past my due date to 41w3days, or may 1st, but I have to discuss an earlier induction date than that with them or else I won't have enough recovery time before dh is gone again for a month. I'm not sure they'll consider it but I have little option but to ask if I'm to be able to take care of the kids without injuring myself.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:21pm

I'm still here and still pregnant.

Liz DD (4) & DS (EDD 4/30) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:38pm
I hope all of you ladies go on your own without needing inductions! The waiting game is so miserable. It was soooo nice to have a baby on time this time and not get too impatient. What a difference that makes.

Connor is 4 days old and my milk came in today. Yesterday was a rough day since there was no milk and he was hungry all the time. Last night when the milk started coming in he finally slept and we all got some rest. I love not being pregnant! My physical recovery is really good except for some weird back/side pain I got going on. Other than that I am feeling close to normal.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:46pm
Still here and still pregnant!! And still nothing happening yet. I had my 39 week appointment this morning and didn't bother getting checked. I can't imagine there was any change from last week (which was nothing). Although my MW said that I may not dilate early since it hasn't been that long since my last. She said she didn't think I would go too late and that I'm very likely to have a labor and delivery similar to my last. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I just keep thinking this guy is going to make me wait it out for awhile. I feel so guilty that I'm so miserable but my body isn't holding up very well at all.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 1:47pm
Still here, still pregnant. I finally got my network access approved and set up so working from home is a lot easier without having to take my USB drive back and forth to transfer documents between computers at home and the office. I still have physical files to take in, but I can get a lot more done without bugging my co-workers to send me templates. That is a HUGE stress load off of my shoulders because now, when I'm ready to start actually working again, I can work at home full time and not really skip a beat.

My c-section is scheduled three days from today! It finally hit me that I'll be done this week. That happened yesterday. I'm in a weird situation where now that it's occurred to me that I'm in the final days of being pregnant, I'm trying to keep busy and my mind occupied because thinking about it stresses me out. :) I'm not worried about the surgery, I'm more worried about how much I think needs to be done between now and then, especially the cleaning. Last night, I started the cleaning madness. I hope to finish downstairs today and start upstairs tonight, then tomorrow finish upstairs and have Thursday to truly relax. I hope to get my work projects I assigned myself this week done by this afternoon so I don't have to worry about work tomorrow, but we'll see. With this access, though, I don't need the physical files so if there's something left that's easy do to electronically, I can do it still.

I am excited to be able to bend forward without this watermelon blocking my range and making it difficult to dry my feet after a shower. And get out of bed without throwing my legs forward for the momentum I need to at least sit up. But I've been trying to take these last few days to enjoy it while it's here because after Friday, no more babies for me. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 2:47pm

Still pregnant here!! And slowly starting to go insane!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 10:26pm

I'm still at 4cm but now have a bulging bag of waters, it's literally sagging out of my cervix so tonight or tomorrow probably.