Ugh...I know I am HUGE, why does everyone feel the need to let me know?

iVillage Member
Ugh...I know I am HUGE, why does everyone feel the need to let me know?
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 11:27pm

Last week starting on Tuesday I had three coworkers make comments like "Man, you can definitely tell you are getting close now!" The very next day one of the same coworkers said, "man, you are really poking out there!" And the next day..."wow, can't deny you are pregnant now!!!" Seriously?! WTF!!! How stinking RUDE!!!! Then if that wasn't enough, I go over to MILs house Saturday and she says, "hmm, I think you are a little bigger with this one than you were with James." and DHs cousin said "Wow!" as soon as I walked in (she has been out of state for several months and she at least tried to recover by asking how I was feeling).

Thanks everyone for boosting my self esteem. Who in their right mind would EVER think that it is appropriate to make comments about the size of a pregnant woman? Chances are, she has already been thinking the things you are saying in her own head but praying that nobody else thinks it. I am in such a crappy mood now. I just want to crawl in a hole and not come out till Liam comes. I still have 2 months to go people, I am only going to get bigger :( Now that I am in tears again, I will drop the rant.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

Pages

iVillage Member
Im so sorry! I get the same crap myself! I dont need or want to be reminded of how big i have gotten.. people r sooo rude.. also, me and my dh have a 10 gap between aré boys.. people will ask point blank if dh is the father of both my boys!!!!! 1st, how is this anyones business??? And 2nd, we have had fertility problems.. took us 4 years for ds 1 who is 12, and 10 years to conceive ds 2 who is 2... So Im not going to explain this.. and 3, dh and i have been married 16 years, happily i might add.. i was asked by a lab tech if my kids have the same dad because the where both with me yesterday... I do not kwno this women... Why ask me this..does it even matter if they didnt have the same dad!!?? Please!!! i admit, i got a bit ugly and told her they had the same dad and why she thought that was any of her business.. so between the 'fat" and " huge " remarks, and the " who's your baby daddy" questions i keep getting, i find Im getting pretty upset!!!!
iVillage Member
You could always turn it around and say "Wow, so are you! You're starting to really poke out a bit." I'm sorry people just can't keep their trap shut. Around pregnant women in the last trimester, it's tough enough for us. I feel huge, too, but no one has said that I look it. But they probably know I'll rip their heads off. ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I just hate that! I don't know why people are so fixated on ANYONE'S size but especially for a pregnant woman. And even as someone with health issues and people constantly telling me how thin I am [not how healthy I look or just that I look good] it's just as detrimental. Who knows what comment will push someone over the edge. Our society is messed up that way.

I think I've gotten snarkier in my old age and even though I'm not always quick in my thoughts and replies, I think I would want to reply "oh, so are you!" I might even add in a "WOW!!!! so are you!" just for an additional jab.

And then there is always the OMG stare when people say something rude. If you can't think of something to say - just stare at them and make them feel uncomfortable too.

And don't YOU worry about how big you get! We all know that growing a human is hard work and requires all kinds of space and resources and size doesn't matter - just that you and the baby are healthy!

*HUGS!!!*
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Funny I don't mind being told that.....really...it doesn't bug me.

iVillage Member
It depends who it is coming from but in general I think it is best for people to keep their traps shut.

The worst are the comments from strangers... that really irritates me. I had the lady at the grocery store comment on my "mommy waddle" last week. Are you kidding me?

Then she went on to say I must be due any day and I said not for another 8 weeks and she acted horrified and then said, "It HAS to be twins then right?"

"No just one baby," I say smiling sweetly and wanting to punch this lady.

"That is going to be the HUGEST baby ever."

"Thank you for your input Dr. Cashier."

Okay I didn't say the last line but I felt like it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Lol Dr.cashier..... oh that would have been awesome to say that.
No I don't wanna be made fun of!!!! Im sure I have a walk that's less than desirable right now, but we are human and just because im pregnant doesn't mean you have the right to abuse me. The baby belly size really truely doesn't bug me....but don't start nit picking me. I don't think anyone has
iVillage Member

Lol, Dr. Cashier!!! I think if that had happened this weekend to me I might have just bit her head off and shoved it where the sun don't shine.

iVillage Member

Wow, that is rude too! Nobody has ever even asked about my older 2. There was a 7 year gap between my 2nd and 3rd children. People in my town actually say that the 7 year old looks like DH (the first 2 are from XH). I think that people from my

iVillage Member

I would, but at work I try to keep my emotional self to myself. Also, the one who keeps repeating comments like that is a new employee and I have to train her on many different things, so I don't want to ruin her ability to learn from me. I did come in today and rant about how many people this weekend made comments about my size...hopefully she picks up the hint. The funny part is that I actually do not weigh more with this one, I still fit the same in all of

iVillage Member

Thanks! That is exactly what I mean; what makes them think that they should be commenting,

Pages