Ultrasound Day...not sure if I can do it...

iVillage Member
Ultrasound Day...not sure if I can do it...
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:01am

I was set on staying team green this time around, but the last day or so I've been so tempted to find out. Part of me really wants to know. I know DH is only supporting the decision to wait just for me, even though he's not happy about it. I thought maybe if I had the tech write it down, I could surprise him for Christmas. I know he wouldn't be able to keep it from me. If we know, then we're not sharing it with friends and family. We'll keep the secret to ourselves. UGH! I thought for sure I wouldn't be tempted. I'm going by myself today (DH is staying home to watch DD) so it's all up to me. I thought maybe I'd leave it up to the baby and if they cooperated, then I was meant to find out and if not, I'm supposed to stay team green. I still have a few hours to make up my mind. My appt isn't until 2pm EST.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 9:32am

Good luck and remember it is completely your decision and there is no right or wrong answer.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 10:33am
Well I'm not much help since I caved as well lol. I am really happy i found out though. Only me and DH know the gender, we told everyone else the baby was shy, so its still gonna be a surprise to everyone else.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 12:50pm
We will be finding out tomorrow too. I was really looking forward to a delivery surprise but with all of the worry about the baby's health DH and I both just want to know now so we can start bonding. DH said it is really important to him that we know so he can feel like he is getting closer to the baby. I can understand that so we will be finding out now.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 1:02pm
Good luck on your ultrasound. Maybe the baby will be shy. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 2:20pm
You should be there right now and I hope you see a beautiful and healthy baby no matter what you decide about gender. It is really hard to NOT know, especially with so many on the board finding out. I look forward to hearing how it all goes!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 2:43pm
I'm wondering what happened. Can't wait to know what you decided to do :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 3:06pm
Hey just wanted to let you know that my u/s is today too (in 3 hours!) We def want to know what we are having. I hope you make the right choice for you. I can't imagine how hard it would be to elect not to know, knowing you could if you wanted! Hope to read your update later today!
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers