We got the most important thing for having a baby today...

iVillage Member
We got the most important thing for having a baby today...
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 2:25am

The infant seat! Actually we got a travel system. This one (minus the diaper bag):

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member

We borrows our from the hospital

iVillage Member
Very cute......I kinduf want a new one...using same from last baby...I like it but....new is funner!
Did you get the cute little bag too with it?
iVillage Member
super cute!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Cute! That is important! We installed the base of our seat last weekend.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
We went and paid our travel system off last night, but the way BRU layaway works is that they have one reserved in their warehouse and now that it's paid off, we'll get it in 7-14 business days. It really does suck because they had two boxes sitting on their shelf and I'm sure many more back in the back. I'm pretty sure the guy had no idea what he was talking about and I sure hope I don't go into labor or have to go in before we get it. That will cut it close for my anxiety. :) Glad you got yours, though...that's a cute pattern. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
That's great that you have it ready to go. One less thing to worry about as you are getting close to delivery time.

Karen

iVillage Member
Had to share....
I thought BRU was the actual name of a store.....and I kept thinking that it sounded really cool.
And wished we had one out here.
Never new that it stood for Babies r us. Duh
iVillage Member

Nope, didn't get the bag. I would like it though!

iVillage Member

Dh will install the base when we bring her home. Where it goes, we have kids who have to climb over still.

iVillage Member
The baby will be the 6th child in an 8 seater van so I understand what you mean about it taking up space. We will have 5 kids in carseats once the new baby is here. We installed it now though to make sure everything fits well and to get the kids used to the new arrangement.

Photobucket