What Do You Miss the Most? Looking forward to after pregnancy is over?

iVillage Member
What Do You Miss the Most? Looking forward to after pregnancy is over?
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:56pm

With pregnancy there are so many don'ts. I have to admit that I love being pampered by my dh but there are things that I really miss that I can't do/have while pregnant. I was curious to see what everyone is missing the most out of everything?

This weekend we had beautiful weather. Made it hard to believe that it was February in Oregon. DH was outside doing yardwork and I went out to keep him company but really couldn't do much but watch. I really miss not being able to do things like yardwork. I don't go grocery shopping anymore without DH and I have to keep the trips short otherwise I get into too much pain and contractions will come. I love rearranging my furniture every now and then to keep things fresh but can't do it myself. I hate having to wait to ask DH to do these things for me. I am a pretty independent person and don't like to have to rely on others to do things for me all of the time and it's starting to drive me crazy.

What are you missing the most/looking forward to doing again after the baby is born?

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member

Eating pancakes!

iVillage Member
I miss sushi and beer for lunch with my co-workers. :) Well, the beer not so much because I hardly drink since I've gotten older, but the sushi for sure. I also miss going for jogs. I just told DH the other day that I really miss going for my jogs and I can't wait to get back to them. For now, I go for walks, but I've been getting lower pelvic pains for a few days afterward. Other than that, being comfortable at night while I sleep, though I know I won't even get that after delivery. ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I miss being able to comfortably do laundry. Laundry is already a huge ordeal around here with 5 kids but add to the fact that carrying the baskets around is so difficult with this belly... ugh!

I also miss the usual stuff like the occasional glass of wine, going for a run, sleeping comfortably, putting on my shoes without having to sit down etc.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I cant wait to have a breezer on the boat this summer! ahhhhh. Also cant wait to travel again. Oh, and I cant wait to not feel like i got hit between the legs with a baseball bat! lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member

You know I am just thrilled that this pregnancy will be over by the time summer hits! I live in Michigan so we have WATER everywhere we spend every spare minute near the water or on a boat. And on the rare occasion I go out without the kiddos I love my cocktails :)

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
The only thing I'm really not doing anymore is getting a good solid work out. I miss that. I love to go to the gym and feel it the next day. I like to push, push, push until I'm exhausted after a work out. Instead I've been bumbling along on the elliptical and arc machines with very little effort putting my heart rate high. I'm still able to do yard work and cleaning, groceries, etc because I'm not having contraction issues like you are. I'm having occasional BH but nothing too much more serious than that. It better not get more serious than that because I won't have DH home until I'm full term! I can't afford for my body to go haywire or my life would fall apart lol

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
That's awesome that he will be able to be home before the baby arrives. You are amazing by being able to go through the pregnancy with DH on duty. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm *super* surprised they're letting him come home like that. It is not ever the case. I am one of the luckiest wives ever that I *hopefully* won't have to deliver alone. Among my friends I feel like I'm getting away easy.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
@springbaby......do you live in northern Oregon? We live in south western Washington. And yes its been amazing. Well except today back to rain!
iVillage Member

I didn't know your husband was deployed. That is great that he will be back in time for the baby's birth!

Karen

Pages