when are you starting to set up?

iVillage Member
when are you starting to set up?
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 8:24pm

When are you guys planning to have all the stuff set up? like baby swing, playpen, gates, ect. I'm not sure when I should start doing all that, I was thinking soon so our puppy (55lbs dog so not really a pup but still young lol) could get used to it, I'm thinking to have all that done by 35 weeks, is that too early??

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 8:56pm
The only one of those things I really use when the baby is a newborn is the swing. The gates and playpen I don't use until the baby is crawling around. I think setting the stuff up early to help the dog get adjusted is a good idea. I will probably wait until we need the stuff because I would rather have the extra room in the house and we don't have pets

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 9:04pm
We're only gonna use the gates to block off the living room and family room from the rest of the house. Thats where all the baby stuff will be and I dont want the dog going in there. We only use the playpen this early cause it has the little "basinet" attachment thing you can put inside, which is great for naps.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:07am

My husband is putting up the bed while I am in hospital and that is it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 7:17am
We put up only what we need around 37 weeks.. always hopeful ill go into labor early.. problem is my diva cat who is 7 thinks of coarse its all for her.. so we have trouble keeping her out.. her favorite is the bassinet and bouncy seat..
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 9:57am

we are moving in a few weeks so we will be setting up the pack n play and washing and putting away the baby clothing then. I will probably wait until after baby is home to have DH set up the swing. We are going quite minimalist this time around. I'm not using much. We will already have gates out for the stairs because of the mobile kiddos but if I didnt need the gates for them, I wouldnt put gates out until this baby was getting around.

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 3:19pm
We dont' start moving until Friday so hopefully within the next few weeks!