Where are you shopping for baby clothes?

iVillage Member
Where are you shopping for baby clothes?
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 8:08pm

For those who have been buying baby clothes where are you buying your clothes from? Last night my husband and I went to two different stores (which I will not name as to not offend anyone who shops at either store) and only left with one outfit. It was disappointing. I was expecting that with this being our first boy I was going to go out and buy lots of boys clothes right away.

I am not very picky but there are things I tend to try and stay away from. I was hoping to find some Old West themed clothing and even Space themed clothing for Adam. But I couldn't find either at the stores I went to. I know that you can find more clothing online but there is just something about going to the store and actually seeing the item in person, KWIM?

So, if you don't mind sharing-where are you buying your clothes from? (Brick and Mortar or Online Stores are both welcome.)

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 7:38am

I usually go to Gymboree or baby gap. I've also been going to boomerang kids, which is a used clothin store for kids that only sells good quality clothes ( gap, oshkosh, gymboree, tommy ect) Our DD is in private school

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 10:21am

I know you did say not online, but I have bought these for a friend and

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 10:43am

If we have a boy this time- we will be doing msot shopping online bc I am not a huge fan of animal print or tools or sport print clothing for boys. I love the rock/guitar themed stuff out right now, though! I'll prob shop Kohls and target, because they are local and easy, and maybe make a trip out to the outlet stores and hit up some Childrens place, gap, and carters out there.

If we have a girl, we already have sooooo much. not much shopping will be happening if we have a girl.

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 10:45am

Those socks are adorable! Thank you for the link! I actually really liked the plaid socks as well. I think I am going to have to go online to get what I really want anyway.

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 10:48am

Bess, we went to Target last night and found Animal from the Muppets on a set of onesies that said Party Animal and another shirt showing him breaking out from some drums. Very cute and very rock star themed.

We went to the mall yesterday and I have to say I am a big fan of Crazy 8's but the only problem is they don't have much for babies. I buy a lot of my toddler girls' clothing from there. We also went to Baby Gap and bought a sleeper. I think I am just going to try and focus online to find what I really want and keep an eye out for specials and coupons. I will definitely be going to Baby Gap at the end of winter to buy clothes for him for next winter.

I still can't believe I am shopping for a boy of my own. It still hasn't sunk in yet!

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 11:18am

Oh I have shopped on these places for rock clothes for both boys and girl.

http://www.punkbabyclothes.net/shop/index.php?cPath=21_125_42

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/kids/

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 12:01pm
Think Geek is great. For boys clothes when I was shopping for my son (albeit almost 9 years ago), I found cute stuff at Old Navy/Gap and Carter's. Target has some cute go-to stuff, but I've been browsing and I'm a bit disappointed at the moment at both gender selections. Maybe I'll find something more inspiring when I find out gender. I also found some great deals and selections at Sears.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 12:54pm

If the shipping wasnt that high, I would get some

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 1:46pm
For boys clothes, it is tougher. I find that Gymboree and Children's Place tend to have cute themed clothes--the question is do you want to shell out the money and will you catch the right theme. Carter's has good quality baby boy clothes with a few cute things. Honestly I have discovered through my experience that boys clothes are tough to find.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 3:11pm

I have handed this link to a few friends, who adores thier clothing now.

Pages