Who is busy this week?

iVillage Member
Who is busy this week?
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 8:44pm

Who else is busy, busy, busy this week? We're getting towards a time when we should be having another rush of appointments on the board--so good luck to all you ladies who have appointments coming up. It's also time for grocery shopping in my house tomorrow so I have to figure out what in the world I'm going to feel like cooking/eating. Not to mention Halloween tomorrow! Fun times this week :) What are you all up to?

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 8:53pm
I'm happy to say this week is very quiet for me! We moved last weekend, so last week was pretty hectic, but this week is rest time. I've caught a cold, so i'll be catching up on some laundry and cleaning, ad well as extra rest.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 8:58pm
Oh yuck, moving--and a cold! That sounds like a good week to rest and relax for sure. I guess the season for sickness is coming, isn't it? We're getting all of our floors re done in our house so I feel like I'm moving. Everything is all higgeldy piggeldy, stacked and packed to be easier to move around. I need to clean my house badly due to said floor remodel, plus home schooling my oldest. I don't know how I will make everything happen.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:48pm
ah renovating sucks! we did all the main stuff we had to do before we moved in, so thats good! Me and my DH flipped 4 houses in the past 6 years, so I totally know what you mean about living in a remodel! its not fun at all, but it'll be worth it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:51pm
That sounds so fun! I love renovating, but with the kids it is definitely becoming a chore. Why do you guys do it? Just for fun and the investment? We did a lot at our old house we owned before this one, but this is my grandmother's old home and it needed a lot of updating. We usually do most of the projects ourselves but after I found out I was pregnant and we had just finished gutting our master bath and rebuilding it, I wasn't up for installing all the new flooring everywhere.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:59pm
We do it for fun and its a great payday at the end. However, we will be staying in this house, so unless we can afford a second one and do the renovations in a house where we arent living, we'll be taking a break. The house we just moved into will need a full update as well, but we're giving ourself plenty of time to do it, no rush with this one since we dont plan to move for a long time.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 10:55am
Today is a busy one here. I have a prenatal, we are refinishing our dining room set and it is Halloween. The rest of the week is pretty quiet though so I just need to get through today. Have a good week!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 2:47pm
I'm not all that busy this week, which is a nice change. :) The past month and a half, we've either had company over or have traveled over the weekends and this past weekend, we finally had a mostly quiet few days at home (except my parents being here for a brief amount of time to take our son for the night and let us have a date night, also bringing up baby stuff). Next weekend is less busy because we have no company planned. I've gotten most everything big done like Halloween shopping and groceries. This next week, it'll probably be a quiet week. I'm welcoming it because the holidays are right around the corner and I'm sure things will get hectic. At least we are not traveling for Thanksgiving this year. We do our own thing at home and it is nice.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 2:49pm
I must say, not traveling for Thanksgiving would indeed be nice. I'm headed up to DC and I think it will be bad traffic. Good for you having a date night and a weekend coming up where you can just relax. I'm with you, I think the holiday season will be hectic.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 10:15am
It's been beyond CRAZY here!! We were hit with a huge snow storm on Saturday and things have been so stressful. We got over 2 feet of snow and lost power. I'm not even sure if we have it back yet. We spent the first night at home, thankfully it didn't get too cold. But DD did not sleep well so that meant DH and I didn't sleep. Sunday we spent the day at my Dad's house, thankfully they had power, and ended up spending the night there. DD slept great but we slept on couches so it was another night of very little sleep. DH spent the day yesterday picking up a generator from a family member and setting it up so we could spend the night at home. DD had a huge meltdown on the way home since she refused to nap all day. Needless to say I'm beyond stressed. Tomorrow is DH's birthday, I'm supposed to have a prenatal on Thurs (not sure if I'll have it since the office doesn't have power back either) and I have no idea what else we have to do. I just want things to be back to normal.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 7:20pm
Oooohh yuck! I hope it gets back to normal for you soon. That is terrible! :(

Photobucket<

Pages