Who is still pregnant? I'm lonely out here at the end of the month, lol!

iVillage Member
Who is still pregnant? I'm lonely out here at the end of the month, lol!
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 11:40am

Anyone still out there preggo? I am 39w6d today and was hoping to come here and read some more baby stories :) I am SOOOO stinking bored.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
I'm still here! 40 weeks 5 days today. Bladder control is gone, apparently. I had a small gush of fluid last night that I thought was my water--turns out I guess I just had an uncontrollable small pee lol So lovely! It happened again this morning about 30 minutes ago. I think my body is in total protest. I did discover that I am still at 2cm and very soft and flexible, which means I have had pretty much zero change for a month now. I'm not having anything regular with contractions though. I think the induction is going to happen for me. I'm not crazy about being to the point where I need to do it, but I'll be very ready to have her here. How often are your contractions? Do you have any plans to potentially follow up on doing an induction?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
I'm here! 39 weeks 6 days as well. My story is a little different. I'm almost 5 cm dilated, my muscles are nice and soft and baby's head is low. She just isn't ready. I have very mild contractions at night, but they're irregular and stop by morning. Doctor would like to induce. Jen, can I ask why you chose not to induce? I really want the little one here, but not letting it happen on its own scares me.
iVillage Member
I'm still here too. 40 weeks 1 day and a whole lot of nothing going on. I got really excited on Tuesday when I found out I was already 2cm and 80% effaced but baby isn't engaged enough. I was hoping I'd lose my mucous plug by now and still nothing. We've been going for walks to help kick start some contractions but it's not really working. Today I've been cleaning like a mad woman to try to get things going. At least if he decides to come this weekend, my house will be clean. My mom calls at least once a day and my step-mother has been texting daily too. UGH!! Some of these babies are very stubborn!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Sometimes I get 10-15 intense ones in an hour, but mostly once every 2-3 hours of top of the tummy tightening. I broke down yesterday and scheduled myself to be induced on Monday if nothing has happened by then. I feel like my body knows what it should be doing and I am rushing something that I should let happen naturally.

iVillage Member

I just feel like my body knows what it is doing and he will come when he is supposed to come. It is not really a big deal either way. I have actually had pitocin with my last birth and it wasn't as bad as I had heard, so that is not really the issue...I just don't feel like he is ready for some reason.

iVillage Member
Thinking of all of you!! Babies will all come soon - somehow - they can't stay in forever!

Even though it's hard to read the birth announcements and wish it were you, everyone will be oogling over the last of the April babies soon! For me, it's hard to have one of the earliest babies, I feel like we're so removed since he's so much older. Hang in there!
sig2-sm