Who's Crafty?

iVillage Member
Who's Crafty?
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 3:09pm

Between Black Friday weekend and today, I have spent more than $200 at Joanne Fabrics on material and notions. We're making fleece blankets for my nieces and nephew for Christmas and my daughter [17] is making fleece pillow cases for my 2 boys and a blanket for my youngest boy. Then I picked up a bunch of flannel to make PJ pants for everyone for Christmas and miscellaneous flannel to make burp rags and changing pads for the new baby. Oh yeah, some cute fabric to make a blankie for him too.

I don't sew much but love doing things like this. Pinterest is killing me for sewing ideas - so many neat things, and easy things, out there!

Who else does crafty things?

sig2-sm

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 6:41pm
I haven't yet fallen into the pintrest trap. I've avoided it just because I know I would see too much that I want to do and my sewing list is already ridiculously long. I'm making the boys some Christmas vests for the holidays, as well as jammies from flannel I bought a few weeks ago too. That flannel is addictive isn't it? I love sewing with it. It isn't slippery, it's substantial enough to not be tricky, and it's too cute. Take pics when you get your stuff towards completion!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 9:35pm
I craft - I dabble in everything (though I can't claim to be great at any of it), including sewing, knitting, crochet, wood crafts, etc. I just sewed up a sewing machine cover for my mom for Christmas.
Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 4:57am

I dont have that type cash to spend so I been collecting used tshirt that are

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 8:32am
Pinterest is so awesome! Yes, I get overwhelmed with so many amazing things to do and try, but at least it's organized in one little place for whenever I'm ready for it!

I love flannel too! I have so much of it around here

I will share some pictures - I need to find some time to sew - wish I had a room so I didn't have to clean up and put away all the time. Nap time isn't always long enough.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 8:33am
I wish I could dabble in more! I learned how to basic knit and crochet but never got going at it enough to really enjoy it or make anything substantial. If only there was more time in a day. :P
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 8:35am
oh so cute!!! Now those are the kind of crafty things I would love to know how to do! I love good reusing ideas!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:19am

The

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 4:28pm
I love to sew. I was just in a bazaar in november and I made $850.00 . I make children clothes, Baptism gowns, hair pretties, baby blankets. I do applications on tee shirts from the dollar store and make pants to match. Working on a coat right now. I sell alot of my stuff at a childrens boutique and I make about 100-150 a month.....after they take their cut.
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 1:10pm

I love sewing... and most things crafty.

Liz DD (4) & DS (EDD 4/30) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 1:38pm

I wish I could sew but me and my machine don't get along very well. Can't figure out what's wrong with it right now so not practicing on it. I am a big time knitter (just started again after a ten year hiatus) and love playing around with felt. I just finished some little felt tree ornaments for two of my girls, knitted a cat for my daughter, a polar gift set for my youngest, and am going to work on a dog for my other daughter. I have knitted about four or so hats for Adam with plans on another one in the works. I am also working on completing a pair of leg warmers to go with a onesie we bought for him.

I've attached a hat I knit for Adam, a gift set I made for my Etsy shop, and the polar bear hat I've knitted for my daughter. I am going to either add earflaps with mittens at the ends to the hat or I might just make a scarf with mittens on the ends to match. I also made her a polar bear knitted animal with a blue knit sweater that has a felt heart with her name embroidered on it.

I still have so much to do as far as making presents. I've knitted some dishcloths for my mom and plan on making her three felt ornaments for each set of grandchildren she has. I also need to make some slippers for my other daughter and knit two hats for my nephews. Meanwhile mama could use a pair of fingerless gloves as the weather has gone really chilly here lately!

Karen

Pages