Your least favorite aspect of pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Your least favorite aspect of pregnancy?
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 1:48pm

What's your biggest gripe about pregnancy? All the testing, the horrid orange drink, the delivery?

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 2:23pm
I can tolerate the aches and pains that come along with it but what I really do not deal well with is everyone feeling like they need to put in gender and name in put. First of all, it is what it is and we will find out and we will share and while everyone else thinks it's fun to look at me and make their guesses for whatever reason, it annoys the heck out of me. And names, *I* will name my baby and I don't want anyone's favorite names list. Some would probably be ticked if I used one of their names and I have specific rules about how I name my babies and most people don't understand that. We keep the name secret until birth so that we have one surprise to share and we don't get any negative feedback about the name we choose. I'd keep the gender secret from everyone else if I had that much self control but at least it should satisfy them to a point.

Sorry, crazy family vent there. LOL
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 3:29pm

hmmmm... I dont think I have any big over powering 1 thing that stands out above all else. i def have aspects I dislike frome ach stage of pregnancy but I guess the thing that bothers me that lasts all through pregnancy is the input from other. Esp as a mom who doesnt take the more traditional route (going with a midwife for a homebirth), I am facing a LOT of negativity from DH's family. Like... tons. I feel like it is none of their business (though, some may argue elsewise since the baby is THEIR grandchild..bla bla bla) since I am not close to them and it is noones business how I birth my child but my husbands and my doctors or midwifes and as long as Im not breaking any laws noone has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do during my birth. THAT is what annoys me. I dont tell people they CANT have epidurals or CANT schedule C-sections just because *I* think they are risky. Moms, obviously, CAN choose those things and its none of my biz that they do, since ti is their legal right. But the reverse is not respected for me by people. THAT is my biggest pet peeve this pregnancy. lol and. thank you for the vent. lol

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 4:03pm
I'm jumping on here to agree about the unsolicited advice. Each woman has their own choices as a pregnant woman to do what they want, name what they want, and while it's all in good intent, it does get overboard sometimes. I went through it more during my first pregnancy because I was a FTM. I also really dislike people feeling the urge to just touch my belly. Hasn't happened this time around (and I would probably get really irritated if someone tried to touch my minor pooch anyway at this stage), but don't just go grab my belly unless you want me to go ballistic. My body, at least ask so I can tell you no. ;)

Backaches suck. I'm starting to deal with them a bit more now because my chest has gone all huge on me and I'm big chested anyway, so I try to sit with better posture and such. But, the back pains do still creep in on me.

Overall, being pregnant isn't so bad and to me, the negative stuff is manageable. I'm glad I don't live close to my families because they would probably drive me nuts, though.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 4:13pm
My least favourite aspect is the morning sickness and the sciatica I tend to develop.

Actually scratch that.... my least favourite aspect about my personal pregnancies is that I always go so overdue that it is completely depressing!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 12:53am
Well, that orange "drink" really IS pretty high up on my "Do not want" list. BUT.... I'm going to have to say it's the unglamorous side that I don't enjoy. If any of you get the babycenter e-letters, the most recent one had "23 things for your medicine chest". And it was alllllll filled with things like constipation, hemorrhoids, heart burn, gum disease etc. All the things that pregnancy can cause your body to do to itself. It was a mighty comical and depressing email.

And I can deal with all of it... but with my last pg (son born 4/09) I had quite the 3rd trimester. My doc insisted that I had GD, even though I passed the 3 hour test. I had what they thought was the PUPPS rash, but it subsided before I delivered. I had pre-term labor at 33 weeks. And my doc insisted that I had high risk pg b/c I had a lot of fluid. The kid had an olympic-sized pool to swim in. And I had horrible heartburn, and yes... constipation. I think if I had to choose a LEAST favorite it would have to be the constipation. Sadly, my doctor offerred no help other than "drink water and walk." I did those things and I was still in agony. So for this pregnancy, I have switched doctors (made easier because we've moved) AND I go to a new doc's office. And I am allowed to take Miralax as needed and few other things that would have made my life sooooo much better with my first pregnancy. Live and learn. But ladies... that Miralax? It's my best freakin' friend.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 10:05am
I have to agree. The constipation is my least favorite thing about pregnancy. When I was pregnant with DD, it was so bad and like you, my doctor didn't offer any other remedies other than water too. This time around I'm taking a multi-vitamin without iron to help with this issue and it has been better. The heartburn really kicked my butt last time around too. Other than that I can handle the rest and don't mind some of the challenges since the end result is so amazing!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 11:16am
I have horrid constipation this go around too. I need some of that!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 11:18am
Ooohh the heartburn. I popped tums like candy with ds1. It was terrible. Ds2 wasn't as bad. We shall see this time.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 11:52am
Yes heartburn and constipation are awful too! I didn't think to include those because I take Zantac for the heartburn and colace for the constipation and it does help somewhat.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 12:38pm

My biggest gripe is that I don't feel like myself - physically. The nausea and heartburn and aches and pains all just make me feel "blech" for so much of the pregnancy. Not to mention the weight gain and bloating. I feel like it's nine months of my body being tortured or torturing itself.

Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar

Pages