Guessing Genders

iVillage Member
Guessing Genders
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 3:33pm

Some people have have pretty good instincts and some play with wives tales. Some make random guesses and some have some tried and true methods. I thought it would be fun for those of us still waiting to find out to list the reasons you think you might be having one gender or another - or if you can't decide, what things make you lean one way or another. Then post back when you do find out or when your baby is born if you're Team Green and see how close things came. It will be fun to compare with others to see if we have similar symptoms or results to see if our genders match up. Those that already found out - share also!

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 5:10pm
I tend to go back and forth about what I think.

In some ways I think boy because we gave away all of our boy stuff and it would leave us with double the amount of boys than girls. It would be nice to have a boy though because it will have been 5 years since we had a newborn boy.

In some ways I am thinking girl because my skin has been awful yet my leg hair has been growing really slowly which is similar to what happened during my last pregnancy. It would be nice for Julia to have a sister close in age and I have more girl stuff than boy stuff now.

I did do that crazy baking soda thing and it said girl LOL.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 8:25pm
I'm leaning more toward boy this time since I didn't have any morning sickness and I did with DD. I haven't had any food aversions and my skin didn't break out as early and as bad as it did with DD. I've barely gained any weight and I'm not really craving sweets. The only wives tale I've done is the ring test which says boy. It said girl last time for DD. I still want to try the baking soda trick but I have nothing to base it by since I only just found out about it.

Once in awhile I think girl because DH swears this is his last and I don't know how I'd feel about never having a boy. Plus we do have everything for a girl.

And then I get confused and wonder whether or not it's worth comparing this pregnancy to my last since they say every pregnancy can be different even with the same gender.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 9:25pm
I almost forgot...another reason I think it's a boy, the cat has been attached to me after DD goes to be at night. When I was pregnant with her, he wanted nothing to do with me until I was almost at the end of my pregnancy. Now he's been laying next to me on the couch and sleeping on my feet.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 10:11pm
I guess girl for myself.

I think it's a girl because this pregnancy is completely off the charts compared to my previous two. I've got the worst morning sickness (aka all day sickness) and I've never had it before. I've been exhausted in a way I never have before either. On the other hand, I've been breaking out which I did with my first pregnancy and not as much with my second. I have been craving fruit, which I did both times before. As for timing on conception, technically I think it was more conducive for it to be a boy because we dtd the day before I ovulated.

I don't put any credence in the old wives' tails, but for kicks and giggles the needle test did say that this pregnancy was supposed to be a girl. 2 more weeks and I shall know! :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 9:14am
I'm guessing girl for myself

girl because: I've had no morning sickness ( like with my dd) and have been feeling pretty good. I also think its a girl because the baby we lost was a boy, and I dont think we'd be lucky enough to get that again after having it riped out of our hands.
We've always wanted a boy, but now i have my mindset that i'm having a girl, and i'm pretty happy with that.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 7:11pm
I go back and forth, too. I already have a boy, either would be okay with me, so long as it's happy and healthy.

Leaning towards girl: heart rate has consistently been above 150, I had pretty bad morning sickness until about three weeks ago, I've been breaking out more than normally, I've had a horrible sweet tooth, leg hair has not been growing faster than normal.

Leaning towards boy: I already have a boy and this is my last, most gender charts say boy.

Still too early to judge how I'm carrying. I'm really not sure. I know more "signs" lean to girl, but I really have no idea. I started really leaning more toward girl about a month ago, but I really don't know. It will be at least a month until I get to find out. I schedule the ultrasound at my next OB appointment on the 18th.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 9:00am
Uh oh... so i just did the baking soda test. and there was a pretty good amount of foam.. which would mean boy. So now I'm totally confused! chinese gender chart says girl, this says boy, we dtd the day before and on o.day... hmmm, i guess we'll have to see! Hopefully I'll be able to stay on team green and not cave in!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 8:37am

I am guessing a girl based on track record. Having all three children as girls I believe they say I only have 2% more chance than somebody else to have another girl as our fourth. I believe my percentage of chance is higher. :-) Also the statistics says only 12.5% of people with four children have four children of the same gender. I am thinking that I will be in that percentage.

With that said, this pg has definitely been more different. I never had morning sickness with the girls. This time, despite my natural sweet tooth, I don't care about sweets and just want meat (and mustard apparently). I took the gender prediction quizzes for fun and they all say boy, except the Chinese gender calendar says girl. I did the baking soda and urine test and it came out boy. But my gut is telling me girl.

Either way I'd be happy. It's obvious that my dh and I have wonderful girls so why not have another?

Karen