To cut or not to cut...(circumcision)

iVillage Member
To cut or not to cut...(circumcision)
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 8:07pm

This is always a big debate on EC's! If you have a boy will you circumcise him or not?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 9:59am

Yes, Bess, DH is a Christian.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 12:31am
My insurance company covers circumcision - it's specifically listed as a covered expense under the maternity and birth section.
Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 1:17am
I feel like I could have written your post... No experience with non cut men. It isn't a bad thing, it's just all I know. DH is, so we had DS done. My doc didn't allow me to go when he got it done. She said "Mommy's don't need to go, you'll cry. Husbands can go." I was miffed and scared to just let them take the baby w/o me. But DH was happy to feel "in charge" and he said that DS didn't cry at all. So I felt better. But yeah, I really don't want to have to have to make the choice again. But if we have another boy, he'll be circed, too. I've done a lot of reading.... I have had a woman from another board come down on me for my choice. Blah blah blah. The fact is, I sleep at night and DS is fine. But... is it weird that I won't pierce my little girl's ears if I have a girl until she's old enough to care for them? Probably!

Pages