Finding Out Baby's Sex at 7 Weeks of Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Finding Out Baby's Sex at 7 Weeks of Pregnancy?
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 8:43am

Blood drawn from expectant mothers could offer parents an earlier sneak peek at their baby’s sex than methods currently used in the U.S., researchers said Tuesday.

The test may be particularly valuable for families that harbor sex-linked genetic disorders like hemophilia, they add.

But other researchers voiced concerns, saying it could be misused to terminate a pregnancy if the baby isn’t of the desired sex. The blood test is reliable as early as seven weeks into the pregnancy.

Controversial test reveals fetus' sex as early as 7 weeks-

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
I would love to know as early as 7 weeks!!! :) As for people terminating due to the "wrong" gender (for reasons other than the one mentioned), then people like that don't deserve to have babies anyway :(

My name is Liz and I am a 33yo from Australia. I have an 8yo DS who I spent 15 months TTC with my ex (got pregnant the month I gave up!). I am now married and my DH and I had a blighted ovum 2 years ago and a couple of early m/cs since. We are now pregnant again and have our fingers crossed!

iVillage Member

I'm torn on this one. While I would LOVE to know as soon as possible if I've got a baby girl or boy baking away (I have ZERO patience at times! LOL) I think it can make it alot harder in some

Photobucket