Maternity Leave- What's Healthiest?

iVillage Member
Maternity Leave- What's Healthiest?
Thu, 12-29-2011 - 11:34am

Interesting arcticle I wanted to share with you all.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 3:00pm
I won't be able to afford to be home as much as I would like, which would be the first year, but I do plan to do 3 1/2 months of straight maternity leave and I am able to work with my employer to work from home for 2 1/2 additional months. LO will be going to a preschool/care facility at about six months old. It's how it works for us. It would be nice if we had the advantage of getting more paid time off for maternity, but it is what it is and we deal with our own individual situations. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 6:25pm

For me, we are kinda lucky. We decided back when I was pregnant with my now 10 year old, that I would NOT work. Basically, I would be working to pay childcare, working to have someone else be with my baby. And I was let go from work when I was 5 months pregnant with him.

For #2, hubby was in school & we lived off student loans & taxes.

For #3, hubby had graduated & was working.

For #4, we own our own business. While I don't do a lot of the work while there, I am mostly there to help keep hubby on task. I imagine I will probably be back in the office within a couple weeks but my schedule/job is flexible. I do a lot of running around town for him as well.

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 11:44pm
That is quite lucky! I can't imagine having to drop a one month old off for daycare. I wouldn't be able to trust some one else with my baby.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:53pm

Luckily for me, and us having our own business, I don't really have to take a "leave", I will bring baby to work with me!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture