2012 is not off to a good start...

iVillage Member
2012 is not off to a good start...
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 10:07pm

This year is already off to a terrible start for us. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks and not really showing any signs of getting better in the near future. My DD and my DH are both sick too. Our finances are a mess right now, I don't know how we're ever going to catch up. One of my aunts was just diagnosed with breast cancer and has to have surgery on the 18th. And my grandfather is dying, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in October and is now going downhill very fast. I feel terrible because I really want to go see him and spend some time with him while he's still mentally stable, but I'm sick. I don't want to cause him any more complications by passing on this terrible bug that's been going around. This is not how I wanted to start off this year.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 10:59pm
That is definitely a situation where it is hard to see the light--I'm sorry :( The only thing I can think to say is that at least your husband, you, and your DD have your health (minus your super bug). With health you have time to work out your finances. That is awful about the rampant cancer in your family though! It is a sneaky, terrible disease. I hope your aunt's breast cancer can be taken care of.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 11:10pm
Oh no! I hope you start feeling better soon because when you are sick things seem even more overwhelming and hard to deal with ((hugs))

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 9:58am
Hope you all feel better soon Keri. I'll be thinking of you and your family and am sending you some extra hugs!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 10:43pm
Thanks ladies! It's just been so stressful. I'm so thankful that despite this nasty bug that's circling through our family, we're all healthy and have each other. I have to keep reminding myself that despite all of the bad things that are going on right now, there will be at least one wonderful highlight to our year, the birth of our son. I'm trying very hard to stay positive, but some days are very tough.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 2:55am
No words.
Just (((((HUGS))))))