DD is sick again

iVillage Member
DD is sick again
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 11:29pm

My 17 month old DD was over Roseola for a week and now she's got Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease! She is underweight for her height and she's been losing weight because she doesn't want to eat (sore throat and now mouth sores). I am sick with a cold so we're all pretty miserable. I just don't know how we are going to get through this week. She is in so much pain and so miserable and I am feeling so crappy I hardly have any energy to look after her. We don't have any family nearby or else I would call in the grandmas!

We'd really appreciate your prayers because her body is so frail, and my DH and I are so physically and emotionally spent, I just don't know how we are going to get through this.

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 9:20am
I'm so sorry, its so hard to see our kids sick. Hopefully she gets through this quickly and gets back to her old self again!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 11:20am
Awww I pray that she starts feeling better very soon. When my son had weight problems we were told to get him to drink Ensure for awhile. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about options to help her gain weight if she loses more during this illness ((hugs))

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 7:09pm
I hope she feels better soon :( Does she go to day care? That is overwhelming to have little ones of that size be that sick. It's a 24/7 job to try and shove food/water at them when they get like that. I hope it's over quickly and everyone is ship-shape.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 6:34pm

Thanks for all the support. Today, the sores in her mouth are healing a bit so she was able to eat and drink a bit. At one point she insisted on having some juice, but then burst into tears (must have been too acidic.) I'm hoping she just continues to get better from here. I am so wiped!

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 4:26pm
Glad to hear she is improving. I hope she continues to get better.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 1:41pm
Is she all better now?

Photobucket