Just like to ask for some positive thoughts

iVillage Member
Just like to ask for some positive thoughts
Sat, 11-19-2011 - 9:26pm

I just wanted to ask for some positive thoughts for a friend of mine. She lost her husband in Afghanistan in Feb. of 2010. At the time they had two young sons and she was pregnant with their third son (who was since born healthy and well in the fall of that year). She handled the whole thing with a strong face and made sure that every act, every word, every gesture that she made reflected her pride in her husband's sacrifice. She knew he was devoted to doing what he had done. She was even interviewed for Time. Anyway, today is the first time I've seen her in a while at a ceremony to commemorate her husband at a local museum. She seemed rather tired and like the reality of it was weighing on her. She just had another baby (she is engaged now to another of the guys who actually used to be in the unit) and looks like she could just use a bit of ease on her mind. I can't imagine how she deals with it.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 3:22pm
I hope she can find some peace and happiness after the ordeal she has gone through ((prayers))

Photobucket