My friend

iVillage Member
My friend
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 11:32pm

My friend at work. A lady about 67 years old was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer. I feel really bad. I am praying for her and her family but I still feel really bad but I have no idea how to approach her. I want to give her some sort of support but I don't know what would make a difference.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: m_sunshine
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 9:15am

I saw this and as a cancer survivor just being there and talking to her will help. let her talk about anything she wants. see if you can do light house work or run errands for her or cook a couple meals that can be frozen or reheated . I am sorry about your friend. i hope this helps. I found humor helped me alot. Send her funny cards. Bring a smile to her face.

iVillage Member
In reply to: m_sunshine
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 1:16pm
Thank you for your advice. I feel so bad for her. Her daughter is moving back home to help her. Her husband withdrew back into himself (she had breast cancer and had a mastectomy a few years ago). And she has a 32 year old son with Down's Syndrome. It is a lot for me to even think of so I can not get close to knowing what she is going through...
Photobucket