Need prayers...

iVillage Member
Need prayers...
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 12:55pm

The day after my wedding (Oct. 1st) my husband's brother and his wife found out they were expecting.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 3:36pm
I'm gonna say this from experience, but you'll need to share your excitement about your baby with others instead of them. When me and my best friend were pregnant together (4 weeks apart) and we lost our baby, everytime she said something about being pregnant it was like she was rubbing it in my face. It was just a reminder of what I wasnt going to have. I wanted to be happy for her, with all my heart, but it was just too much to handle. I know it sounds mean on my part, but I just didnt wanna hear about it, as happy as I was for her, I just wanted her to be happy about it with someone else. Maybe others dont react to a loss like I did, but thats just my perspective on the situation.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 3:50pm
I was on the opposite side. When I was about 12 weeks pregnant, my sister in law got pregnant after many tries at IVF/IUI. She ended up miscarrying, too. I tried my best to not overshare or share anything with her and it was really tough. She would keep telling me that it was okay and they were still trying and she wanted to hear about it but it was tough. I would share with others and the information was filtered through to them through my mom. Eventually, after a few miscarriages, they succeeded and had their first son a year and a half after my son was born.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 12:02pm
I'm in a similar, though not exactly the same, situation. My best friend discovered shortly before I got pregnant that her chances of getting pregnant are slim to none unless she does IVF--which they don't have the money for. I often feel like I should curtail myself in conversation with her, and I have quite a bit. I think from both sides it is a natural reaction to want to share your news, and also on her side if she does feel that way to not want to hear it. I think it comes down to a meet in the middle kind of thing. She will have to eventually bear the burden of hearing about it, but it would be nice of you to be tender with the situation.

Photobucket<