Anyone else have Hypothyroidism?

iVillage Member
Anyone else have Hypothyroidism?
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 3:34pm

I found out that I had an underactive thyroid when my DD was 9 months old. I had a physical and my dr decided to have it tested since she said it was common to have thyroid issues after pregnancy. I never complained of any symptoms (I had no idea what they were at the time) but was shocked to find out I had a problem. They've had to adjust my medication once so far during the pregnancy (I was only on meds for a month or two before I got pregnant). I noticed a change in my energy level after a week of increasing my dose but I'm exhausted again. I can't tell if it's my thyroid or just normal fatigue. I'm not due to get my levels tested again until the end of October. I have a feeling they're going to have to increase my dose again.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 3:50pm

I have had hyposthyroidism for about 3 years now and I definitely had they symptoms of it and have had my dosage upped multiple times through the last couple of years. I have been stable at

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 11:05am
I had no idea what the symptoms were until I was informed. Then everything I had been feeling made total sense. They started me out on 50mcg and my levels went back to normal after the first month. They bumped me up to 75mcg last month and I'm pretty sure they might have to bump me up another half dose to 100mcg based on how I'm feeling lately. I get depressed and extremely tired too. I haven't noticed the hair thing but I shed a lot normally anyways. But I do feel extra lazy and don't want to do anything when my levels start rising again.

This is still all new to me and worries me a little now that I'm pregnant. I know that the baby should be fine as long as they can control my levels. With all of the things you worry about in the 1st trimester, it's just another worry on my mind.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 12:19am

Yes, I have an underactive thyroid and was just diagnosed in May when my dr randomly did a hormone check because she knew I wanted to ttc soon.

http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers