Anyone Else Have Swelling Already?

iVillage Member
Anyone Else Have Swelling Already?
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 12:09pm

With my three previous pg I only ever experienced swelling in my feet and ankles after delivery. Well last night after watching a movie with the family I went to stand up and my right ankle started hurting. It kept hurting for a little bit and so I took a look at it with dh and lo and behold they were mildly swollen. They seem to be not as swollen today but I am still having the ankle pain. I know they say it is worse at night and I am trying to keep my feet up today and continuing to drink lots of water.

I also wondered if anyone is experiencing a bruised feeling in their abdomen? I have a tender spot on my upper abdomen that seems to move to wherever Adam's bottom is at that moment. If I press it it hurts like a bruise and hurts worse during a BH contraction.

And if those two weren't enough I also have seemed to develop a spot on the white of my eyeball just on the outside of my iris. It doesn't hurt and I only know it's there by looking at it in the mirror. It's the oddest thing. It's not pink eye and I am not really sure what it is as I've never had a bump on my eyeball before. So I am going to try and get an appt with an eye dr to get it checked out. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced that before?

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 3:00pm

I always swell in my 3rd trimester. Feet, ankles, and my calves turn into cankles. :(

At the end of the day when i take off my socks i have indents in my legs. I try to drink a lot of water and keep my feet up at night.

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 5:07pm
I've been swelling more this pregnancy than ever before! I started around 14 weeks. I get it in my hands/wrists and feet/ankles. It can get uncomfortable. I've even been experiencing swelling for a while in my ::ahem:: nether regions that can be a little uncomfortable as well. I'd never experienced *that* before this pregnancy.

It's funny you mention the bruised feeling. My whole tummy feels bruised, honestly. It is mildly, mildly painful almost. I wonder what causes that? That is another one that is new to my 3rd. I'll be interested to see if anyone has any input on that.

I'm not sure about the bump on your eye--that sounds quite odd!!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 6:21pm
I have that bruised feeling! Yesterday my youngest was trying to climb on me and touched a certain spot in my upper belly and I screamed in pain. Afterwards it felt so bruised and sore.

That eye thing sounds very strange and I would definitely get it checked out.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 8:04pm
I've been swelling on and off. depends on the day I guess. I try to keep my water intake up and make sure to save a bit of time to relax with my legs up every night after DD is in bed.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2012 - 11:33pm
yes, I've noticed my socks are leaving more of a dent the past several days. Today, I totally can press a dent into my lower leg. :( Last pregnancy, I had to wear compression socks for the whole 3rd trimester. They helped a lot but such a pain to deal with. I'm planning to go get some this week and definitely will be drinking even more water and keeping off my feet some more.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 10:18am
I do, my legs and hands and my doc is worried because I never have before. We're going to 2 week appts now because of it. I wasn't supposed to go in next until Feb 16, now I"m going next week.