Braxton Hicks Already?

iVillage Member
Braxton Hicks Already?
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:53pm

On the weekend I started having some very mild contractions. I'm only 16 weeks now, is this normal?

With DD, I started having contractions at 20 weeks (but I couldn't feel them, we only discovered it when they were monitoring me for back pain.) I ended up on bed rest. Really not wanting a repeat.

Is anyone else having any contractions already?

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 4:22pm
I thought I might have been feeling some last night, but I do believe it ended up being gastro intestinal. In the beginning it can be hard to tell the difference for me. I think last time I had braxton hicks as early as 20 weeks as well, but they told me that was normal. Were you monitored/ put on rest due to the intensity of yours?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 9:09am

I would be kinda nervous and would definitely made mention of it at your next dr appt.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 8:49pm
the past 2 days I swear I have felt a couple! With my first 3, I never had them until the end of my pregnancies. With my 4th, I got them around 20 weeks. I'm now only 18 weeks! It could just be some uterine or ligament stretching too but I definitely think there are some BH going on.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 10:04pm
Thanks for your thoughts. My last doctor didn't seem concerned with the intensity, just the fact that they wouldn't get them to stop. My next appointment isn't until next week, but I haven't had any contractions for a week and I've been feeling the baby move, so I'm not too worried.
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-27-2011 - 3:45pm
oh my goodness I have been feeling them quite a bit lately. I don't feel any tightening from the outside but they definitely are Braxton Hicks. They don't take my breath away so to speak but they make me sit up and pay attention because it sort of feels like it's sucking my breath. I know that's a weird explanation, it feels weird to explain too. I see my doc on Thursday and will mention it but I know that she won't be concerned either, this is my 5th and totally expected to feel them early.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 2:06am
The more babies you have the more likely you are to get them..

And some people just have irritable uteruses.

I get them when I haven't been drinking enough water.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 12:52am

I had never heard of an "irritable uterus" until I read your post. This sounds exactly like what went on in my last pregnancy and what is starting to happen again. Thanks for the good tip! Now I just have a zillion more questions.

Pregnancy Ticker