Feeling intimate?

iVillage Member
Feeling intimate?
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 8:56am

I know this comes up for many people as our bellies grown, sleep is sporadic as is, we have all kinds of aches and pains and heartburn and sometimes have a hard time making time for intimacy or feeling like being intimate in the first place. How do you keep the love and affection alive and well as we near the end of our pregnancies? Does anyone have any big concerns, need or have specific advice? Feel free to share openly or just read along. :)

sig2-sm

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 12:13pm

Well, I am on pelvic rest so no love for me. Which doesn't bother me at all since I am alone with this one! With my previous pregnancies I lost all interest as the third trimester hit. It just wasn't comfortable or enjoyable for me. More power to those Mommas that still have fun till the end. I wish I could be more like you!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 1:05pm
Since we go long stretches very often without dtd due to separation, it isn't really an uncommon thing for me to deal with keeping our relationship going without the physical aspect. It definitely doesn't make it easy because a distance does tend to grow over time naturally, but I cannot say I'm complaining now! I usually hate dtd during pregnancy because it makes me sore/swollen in the nether regions. I am hoping that DH gets home before this one gets here so that we might have some physical relationship before birth/recovery.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:23pm
Pregnancy doesn't usually affect our love life too much. Maybe some different positioning but that is no big deal. I find getting back into it after the birth is much more difficult.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:25pm

Get a 2 week

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:40pm
I hate getting back into it after birth. Really, really, really dislike it. I've had it easy the last two times because he left in the weeks after the birth so I never had to deal with him again until months later when I was no longer exhausted, out of routine, worried about being sore, etc. For some reason my dh is always so interested afterwords too. I feel like death warmed over and he is pawing at me lol

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 3:33pm
Lol julestar.. i know what u mean.. i have been simlal to a teenage boy till recently lol.. it.was on my brain non stop.. ive done that with all my pregnancies.. buy, the last 2 weeks ive lost my mojo! Lol.. i am so big and mesrible ,my allergies are horid.. last night dh was in the mood and i didnt want to say no because he has had to keep up with me.. so, i did dtd, but man.. it wore me out! I usually enjoy dtd till the very end, but this pregnancy i dont think ill manage it as awkard as i already am.. and i hate after having the baby sex.. ugh, its like being a virgin again. It hurts me.. its like at my 6 week check up ive practicly had to beat poor dh off with a wooden spoon already for several weeks! Lol i know some r ready for sex like 2 weeks or less after having their babies! Ouch! I couldnt imagine!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 5:32pm
For us this time around, it's been in spurts. Several days in a row, then we'll go a week or two. It depends on how I am feeling. We have both been sick off and on the past month, so it's been difficult. But, we have just changed positions and it works for us. Afterward with DS, I was recovering from a c/s and it wasn't hard to fend DH off. I think we were at it again about 1 month post partum and we eased into it as I healed. I expect this time to be similar.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 6:47pm
Hasnt been much going on here! I've been in so much pain down there the last like.. 3 weeks its insane. I should really try harder, I'm just huge, exhausted and in pain :( We have been taking more showers together which has been nice.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 4:42pm
I'm the worst - I have no drive when I'm pregnant. Seriously none. I think I've pushed through and done it 3-4 times since I found out I was pg at 5 weeks. Of course, I felt so sick in the beginning that it wouldn't have happened then anyway. DH would make commments in my other pregnancy (ies), but he knew what he was getting into this time and never bugs me about it. Poor guy - it's never even on my mind.
Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 2:22am
I hear you Shelly!!! Sounds like me. ;)

Pages