First Anti-E, Now Placenta Previa

iVillage Member
First Anti-E, Now Placenta Previa
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 2:45pm

Hi everyone. I haven't had much time to post here but my name is Amanda, I am 38 years old and due 4/24 with my second child. At my first appointment last month, they drew my blood and found out I was Anti-E. I have antibodies built up to the E antigen. I don't know if maybe my daughter is E positive or maybe it was from my first pregnancy that I miscarried at 11 weeks but I'd never heard of this before. My SO had his blood drawn last week so I am praying that he is E negative so we don't have to worry about anything.

Day before yesterday I had a scare. About lunchtime I was cramping really bad. Then about 3 hours later I went to the restroom and there was some reddish brown blood in the toilet. Completely freaked me out because I had ZERO bleeding with my daughter. It stopped quickly and the nurse said I could either go to the ER to get checked out or I could see if it happened again. I knew I had my rented doppler at home so I figured I would just wait and see what happened overnight. Thankfully when I got home I was able to find the heartbeat so I was a little reassured.

having a baby
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 3:31pm
Wow, crazy! I have to share, though: I have a cousin who is due in a week with her son. She had complete placenta previa and was scheduled for a c-section last month. In early September, they did an ultrasound and noticed that the placenta moved back into a safe location and she now has no previa. So, hopefully the same will happen to you. Take it easy and congratulations. :) I hope it all turns out well.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 9:35pm
That is a lot to take on all at once! Get some good rest and hopefully your placenta will move into a safe spot soon. I'll be thinking of you!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 12:01pm
In two of my previous pregnancies I have placenta previa at the 20 week u/s. By the time they did a follow-up ultrasound at 30 weeks it had corrected itself. Hopefully yours will move too!

Photobucket