Freaked Out Heard a Plop in Toilet

iVillage Member
Freaked Out Heard a Plop in Toilet
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 7:57pm
I went to the bathroom (#1) and when I was finished I felt something come out (felt light) then heard a plop in the toilet.

However when I looked I didn't see anything. My urine was pale yellow and so it was easy to see. When I wiped I didn't see anything either.

Has anyone experienced this? What could it be? I'm worried it could have been the plug but I didn't see anything. I've never experienced losing my plug at home. Two of my births were induced and I don't remember this happening for my other.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 8:24pm
I've never noticeably lost a giant hunk of plug before, so I couldn't tell you that it was that for sure BUT I do know that losing your plug doesn't mean much about impending labor. It can regenerate or only lose a little. It's much more likely that you have some thick discharge perhaps. I know right now I'm having some seriously stringy, thick discharge.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 8:50pm
I just freaked because I never heard a plop before. I read about losing the plug and it not meaning anything which helped ease my mind. I was freaking a little when I heard it and started having some major groin pain. Probably just telling me I need to relax more.

I feel better now. Thanks.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 8:51pm
Probably just thicker discharge or an extra drop of pee, you'd have pink or brown on the TP if it was your mucus plug.