Frequent Spotting

iVillage Member
Frequent Spotting
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 7:52am

This is my 5th pregnancy and sure enough, different than all the rest so far!! With a couple of my pregnancies I had implantation spotting, very mild, and then that was it. With this one, ever since implantation bleeding I have been spotting. Not every day but sometimes a couple days in a row. Rarely enough that it makes it to my undies, I usually just notice when I wipe. Sometimes pink, sometimes more reddish, and often brownish. This morning it was quite a bit when I wiped but all brownish. I don't have any cramping to be concerned about, sometimes just a little lower abdomen ache. I also have a 9 month old that wants to stand on me constantly or is kicking me in that area or something. It doesn't surprise me really but I just don't know when to be concerned and when not to be. I don't see my doc for a little bit yet but don't want to not take it seriously if I should be. I'm not one to rush to the doc with every little concern either. It's just bothersome really. Anyone ever spotted quite a bit during pregnancy? What can you tell me?

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 8:48am

I've been spotting since implantation as well, pretty much same as you, mainly brown and usually only when I wipe.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 9:12am

I'm the same way and I was with my 1st DD too. It totally makes me paranoid but I also know that if it isnt bright red and isnt enough to need a pad or liner and Im not getting cramps.... that it really isnt concerning (to the OB or MW) or abnormal. I hope the spotting phase is over for you soon! I know how crazy and nervous it can make a girl! I was just venting about it yesterday to DH.

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 6:56pm
I would call your doctor for reassurance, but it's probably fine. I spotted off and on between 7 and 15 weeks with my DS. It scared me every time. There was a small separation between my uterus and placenta that healed itself and nothing to worry about. But, my OB did give me Rhogam early because of it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 1:25pm
It sometimes is a little more after DTD so I'm sure it has some to do with sensitive cervix. I'm sure it's nothing major - just one of those things I wish I didn't have to think about every time I went to the bathroom.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 1:26pm
I quit telling James about it because it worries him. :P I'll be seeing my doc soon and I'm sure she'll look in on things.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 1:27pm
I'll definitely be mentioning it to her but I think it's little enough that she wouldn't be overly concerned either. I guess it's one of those things to remind me to take it easy!
sig2-sm