Gender Reveals - what are you planning?

iVillage Member
Gender Reveals - what are you planning?
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 2:57pm

For those that are finding out the gender soon - do you have any big reveal plans or ideas?

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 4:05pm
No big reveals here, I think. I'll just be ready to tell people so they'll stop asking. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 5:13pm

I'm thinking Facebook is going to be part of it... I think we will post on FB the gender pic and see if people can guess it. There's a few people who I will tell though.

Good ole FB is how most found out we were pregnant this time.. I posted a picture of my pregnancy tests..

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 12:25am

We are making a big deal out of the day. We are going to go out to lunch, then a little while after will be the ultrasound. Once that is over we are going to go shopping together for the baby's coming home outfit. I am going to take a picture of the outfit on my phone and email or text the picture to family and upload to facebook as my way of letting everyone know.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 8:48am
I like this idea! We usually end up shopping for fabrics after finding out the gender to help get excited about it.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 9:32am

Im not sure what I want to do yet but I would like to tell people in person because Ive never been able to before. with my girls I lived in TN (all our fam is in NJ) and now that we are living in NJ again... Id love to have like, a gender reveal party or something. I was thinking of picking up a cake and having them write "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" on it and getting a few balloons that go with the gender and having people over. They would know when they walk in and see the sign and then we can have some cake. IDK, though. we may go another route....

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 10:12am
If we find out the gender, our plan is to have the tech write it down in an envelope and seal it. Then we'll take it to a local bakery and have them make a small cake and have the actual cake part dyed pink or blue. We'll invite a few close friends and family over for dinner and when it's time for dessert, have everyone gather around to cut the cake. I'm still secretly hoping this little one doesn't cooperate since I really don't want to find out. But I know if DH knows, there's no way he'll be able to keep it a secret from me or anyone else!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 11:23am
Sounds so fun! I am going to have the tech put ours in an envelope too since dh won't be there. If I get a good look I think I will know though.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-25-2011 - 7:29pm
I should be finding out just before Christmas. So we plan to have the pic in a box wrappped up like a gift. We'll have mom open it in front of everyone, that way its a big surprise for everyone. We don't plan on telling anyone when the u/s is, so they'll be shocked on Christmas day!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 9:52am
what do you make Julianne? I can sew basic things but I always wished I knew how to do more. I could get trapped in the fabric store for days! I love all the pretties!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 10:35am
I started by making pajamas for ds1 for halloween 2 years ago. Now I make blankets, quilts, bags, dresses for my niece, suits for the boys, onesies, etc. If I get a pattern for it I am pretty sure I can make it these days. I will have to link an album to show you all! :)

Photobucket<