Gushing blood

iVillage Member
Gushing blood
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 2:08pm

Well yesterday was a normal low stress day, i went to the bookstore to read magazines (ALONE) and on my way home i was about 4 min from home, and i got a HUGE HUGE charlie horse-cramps in my uterus. it was BAD. I drove home real fast, got inside and told DH. 1 min later i said ok well let me go upstairs to pee, and as i got up.....blood POURED through my jeans all over the carpet, like a faucet. I about fainted i was so scared. i got onto the toilet and it just gushed and gushed. i called my midwife and she said its either a subchroinic hemmorage or somthing, OR a mc. She said ER wont do anything but an ultrasound, and i am getting one monday morning anyways. So i laid down all night and continued to bleed very very heavy--through a bath towel. I was so super upset. No more cramps though after that initial one, and no bleeding OR cramps today. I'll know more tomorrow, but just wanted to keep you guys posted and plz send a prayer if you dont mind. Thank you

pregnancy calendar

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 2:17pm
I am thinking of you! I've never heard of anything like that--holy cow! I'd be so scared. I hope all is well :: fingers crossed :: That sounds like a lot of blood loss.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 8:34pm

That is SO scary! I would definitely go to the hospital, though. Any more than soaking 1 pad an hour is considered hemorrhaging and can be dangerous. (I was told that during my m/c and then when I hemorrhaged after DS's birth). Take it easy and keep us posted!

Jennifer

Siggy 05-24-10

Thank you Tan
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 9:28pm
Thanks. I have not bled at all today other than one swipe of red one time when i went to the bathroom today. All the gushing was last night. I go first thing tomorrow morn for an ultra and i've had no cramps since that first one but i've seriously never been so scared in my life. If you dont mind me asking... did you mc start like that? out of nowhere w/ the gushing? then no cramps and no bleeding?
pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 9:56pm

I had a missed m/c, so I knew I was miscarrying for a week or so before I started bleeding. It started out just like AF for a few days, then got bad. I had HORRIBLE cramps and gushed all night for a couple of nights, then had AF for another 10 days or so. I remember thinking when they told me about the 1 pad an hour thing - if I could get out of the bathroom to actually have one on, I would know! I had an Rx for the pain, but it didn't help.

Yours sounds completely different, so hopefully all is well with your LO!

Siggy 05-24-10

Thank you Tan
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 9:59pm
I was going to say that my SIL had gushing blood for one day like this and was fine. I'd forgotten about it until now. Hope tomorrow brings back good news!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 11:12pm
Wow, I really hope everything is ok for you! What a scary experience! I don't know how you waited it out till Mon. I would have prob gone to the er to know one way or the other. I am hoping that it is just a tear. Was there any noticable clotting? I'd say that's good news there was no real bleeding today, so maybe it was just a hemmorage. I will be thinking of you tomorrow am and looking for a positive update!
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 4:35am

That is so scary. I hope that everything will show up okay on Monday. I had a missed m/c as well. But mine started out with loads of blood quickly followed by the passing of very noticeable and large tissue. I then continued to bleed for nearly two weeks after. Yours sounds like a completely different situation. I had some bleeding during my third pg and that one ended up with a healthy baby girl. Please keep us posted!

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 4:16pm
How scary! My SIL had that happen and it was a subchorionic hemmorage and everything was okay with the baby. Have you had your ultrasound yet? Please update when you can

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 5:02pm
I'm sitting on pins and needles for you, too. I hope your u/s went well today. Keep us posted!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2011 - 4:25pm
Sorry everyone. Baby is OK! Turns out I had a serious sub chorionic hemmorage and i bled so hard there wasnt even any residual blood left in the ultrasound. It was really, really bad. My doctor said she's surprised i didnt go into shock. Anyways my placenta is fine too, my hemmorage was right by my cervix so they're thinking maybe that's why it just poured right out? IDK. I m not on bedrest im just supposed to take it easy, no crazy lifting or anything. i've been laying on the couch as much as i can too. Thanks for all your positive thoughts!
pregnancy calendar

Pages