Headaches, anyone?

iVillage Member
Headaches, anyone?
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 11:41pm

I've started getting headaches every few days. The kind where my blood pounds in my head when I get up and down, lean over, etc. I can tell my blood pressure is out of whack and I'm hoping/ going on the assumption that it is due to the 2nd trimester oddity while the body adjusts to increased blood flow. Anyone else experiencing these? It sure stinks!

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 7:20am

I have had pretty bad headaches most of this pregnancy :smileysad:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 9:43am
I've been getting them lately too. My blood pressure is usually great during pregnancy but I'm worried that since I'm heavier this time, I might have an issue. I have an appt in a week so I'm hoping that if it's low, then I can just attribute them to the increased blood flow. I hope you get some relief soon!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:42pm
I hate the pounding behind the eyes--argh! I wonder why your BP is randomly running high? Did they have you do a 24 urine collection for your pregnancy this go around at all?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:44pm
Hopefully we can all attribute it to the blood flow versus any of us having issues with BP! I have great, very low BP when not pregnant but for some reason towards the end of the 2nd trimester and beginning of the 3rd it skyrockets. It was pre-e first go around and last time they said 'pregnancy hypertension'. I'm hoping to avoid it this time, but it has me worried since these headaches have started already.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:50pm
I talked to my doc on Tuesday about this because prior to being pregnant, I suffer from frequent migraines. I had headaches every day for about three or four weeks not long ago and I asked about it. She said it is very common during pregnancy to have an increase of headaches due to both hormone changes and increased blood flow. She told me that if they respond to Tylenol well, then take Tylenol and not exceed the dosage (usually, I'll take two extra strength and they go away for the day), then it's nothing to really worry about. If the meds didn't help, she told me to let her know. If you haven't, I would try a few Tylenol and make sure you are drinking plenty of water (and keeping it down). Hope you find relief soon! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 8:49pm
For me the 4th month of pregnancy has always been the headache month. I get really bad headaches but it passes after awhile. Hopefully you ladies are all just experiencing that pleasure.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 12:29am
I have been trying the tylenol and it does seem to do alright for me. I usually take one extra strength, but I've always been a weenie about medications. I don't like to take a lot, but for no particular reason. Thank you for passing on this info. I feel better thinking of a guideline to go by. I'll start worrying if they aren't responsive to meds then.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 8:44am
julestar3147 wrote:
I hate the pounding behind the eyes--argh! I wonder why your BP is randomly running high? Did they have you do a 24 urine collection for your pregnancy this go around at all?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 9:02am
Usually when I'm not pregnant the only thing I can take to control a headache is Excedrin migraine, so I know what you mean. For some reason the Tylenol is working ok for now for me. I hope you can find something soon for yours :( That is awful!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 8:21am
yes, I'm prone to migraines and can't take my usual meds during pregnancy. the best thing I have found to help is MORE WATER. You're right about the increased blood flow and pressure and drinking more water helps even that out a little bit - plus helps all kinds of things.
sig2-sm

Pages