~HeArTbUrN! ~

iVillage Member
~HeArTbUrN! ~
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 9:48pm

Anyone have it yet? If you're a BTDT mom what have your previous pregnancies been like in relation to this awful symptom?

I feel it every once in a while this past week at night when I lay down. It isn't really very bad, but I notice it is happening. With DS1 my heartburn was horrendous! I ended up sleeping in a recliner most of the time. I popped Tums like candy and still felt like a fire breathing dragon. With DS2 it wasn't nearly that bad but it was definitely a situation where I had to prop myself up considerably at night but could remain in bed. I'm hoping it won't be *as* bad this go around.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 12:53am
For my first 3 pregnancies I suffered through horrendous heartburn with only pathetic Tums. Then I discovered Zantac/ranitidine and my pregnancies have been so much more pleasant since then. I could actually still sleep at the end of my pregnancies which had been impossible in the past. I have started taking it every night before bed because my heartburn has started flaring up.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 9:54am
I had it bad in my 3T with DD. It would make me sick to my stomach and almost everything set it off. Carbs were the worst of all! Tums did absolutely nothing for me and my doctor recommended Zantac and it worked much better. I've noticed a few little spells this time already but nothing too bad yet. Lately I've noticed that dinner doesn't always sit too well with me, no matter how little I eat. I have a feeling that my heartburn is going to come back with a vengeance with this little one too in my 3T.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 11:32am

I burned through the Tums to the point that it doesn't do anything.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 8:19am
I had it so bad with my last pregnancy that I was on a prescription med. So far, I've only had minor and occasional issues with this one. I hope to avoid the prescription this time!
sig2-sm