It was nice to not be so tired when it lasted...

iVillage Member
It was nice to not be so tired when it lasted...
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 12:15pm

Oh my goodness, for the past few days, I have felt like I haven't slept in days! Before, it was first trimester hormone changes and beginning pregnancy fatigue, which is normal, but a month ago, I started feeling human and awake again. Today specifically, I feel like I haven't slept in days. I also am pretty sure I didn't sleep very well last night, which could be part of it. DH was telling me that when we go to bed and he stays up doing homework after I go to sleep, he says I wake up about every 20-30 minutes and readjust. I have been having issues with minor cramping pains, but nothing else accompanying it. I'm pretty sure it is ligament and muscle stretching pains that go along with a growing belly. But, it has been happening often enough that I can't get a good night's sleep due to waking up from these small pains.

Anyone else having trouble sleeping or dealing with the pains of growing bellies? I will talk to my doctor on Friday, but I don't think it will be anything major and she'll have me get a body pillow or something to put behind my back.

Just had to moan and groan about it. I'm tired and I have four more hours of work ahead of me. Blech!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I have been randomly not sleeping well also. It is the time for ligament pain though. I've had it some as well. It usually affects me most when I'm sneezing or moving a certain way quickly. Maybe there is such thing as pregnancy insomnia?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
I tend to get bouts of insomnia when I am pregnant. It sucks! I hope yours passes quickly.

Photobucket