Just scheduled my GTT

iVillage Member
Just scheduled my GTT
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 2:37pm

As if Mondays weren't hard enough on me, I get to go in to the lab bright and early at 7:45 am to do a two hour test. My doctor and med group don't do one hour tests because they feel that too many false failures come out of them. So, they start with a two hour test and if you fail, you go for three hours. At least I'll be able to have work to pass the time. And a book. I just remember when I did it around week 12, I nearly passed out because the drink made me so sleepy. I passed it early on and my doctor said she is pretty sure I will pass it again this time, but we have to do it. I never had GD before. I guess I am a little nervous, but it should be okay. They are also going to do a draw to check for anemia and also check my T4 levels to make sure the thyroid medication dose change is enough or if she needs to adjust it again.

I had forgotten how busy this time of the pregnancy is.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:56pm
This is when everything starts to get busy. Hope all goes well with the GTT!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 3:33pm
This morning was the worst morning ever. I hate that just about anything sets me off, either good or bad, moody or weepy. This morning proved that. My appointment was at 7:45, which is no fun. I got there at 7:49 and took my number and sat down. 25 minutes went by and someone else came in, went to the counter, and told them she was in for glucose. They took her right back. I went up and said I was also, but I thought the routine was to take a number and sit until they call. She took my number, checked my name, and told me that I was late and they may have to reschedule me because I was more than 15 minutes late. Which I wasn't, and it says so on the bottom of my number that I took. She was kind of rude about it and told me to have a seat again and they'd call me. When I sat down, I started to cry and couldn't stop. I felt like such an idiot, but those dang hormones suck. She finally got me in at 8:30 am and started my two hour test. When I sat down, another nurse asked if I was okay and I told her absolutely not. By the end of the two hours, the original nurse had told me she was sorry about the misunderstanding about five or six times and I was on my merry way at about 10:40. I told her that I wished someone would have told me to check in at the counter when I called in to make the appointment, but no one did. Oh well. It's done, I hope that I passed, I'm pretty sure I did. And they're checking my iron count and T4 at the same time. We'll see how it goes.

Afterward, I got breakfast and felt much better. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:57pm
Oh crud!!!! ((Hugs))
Sometimes I wish I could cry but I can't.
I get more mad at people. I might have told her off
:-0
I hope you got some fries. They always make me feel better... ;)
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 10:25pm
Breakfast burrito and hash brown bites, actually. :) It was tasty and I don't splurge like this very often. But, I had my fresh fruit later and felt better about it.
Photobucket