Maternity Pillows?

iVillage Member
Maternity Pillows?
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 1:57pm

Does anyone have one that they love? I'm so used to just tucking in 4-5 pillows wherever they are needed but gosh it is such a pain!! I've looked at some maternity pillows and wonder if they're really worth it. I'm sleeping pretty horribly lately between being uncomfy, belly muscle spasms (had with my last baby too - it hurts!!) and a waking sleeping next to me and refuses to sleep all night in his own bed 15 month old! What do you suggest?

sig2-sm

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 2:39pm
I just have a really big and fluffy body pillow. I can either flop my leg over it and almost feel like I am sleeping on my stomach or I can have it behind me and pull up the bottom to put between my knees. Those maternity pillows look so darn complicated LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 4:49pm
I tucked myself with pillows with DS1, thought I'd save myself the hassle with DS2 and got a boppy maternity pillow. Not worth it. It was awkward and uncomfortable--added extra fluff where I didn't want it. I haven't touched it this time. I just tuck pillows.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 9:12pm
I wish I would of kept the one I had last pregnancy. It was one of those c shaped ones.....awesome! Because it went down your whole back and you could bring it closer to you by just pulling the ends....(IF THAT MAKES SENSE). But wish I wouldn't have goodwilled it....just hard ti deal with after pregnancy. Where to store the big thing....!!??
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:28pm
This is what I do too - but I'm finding I need one behind my back too. I'm taking up the whole bed and rearranging is tough!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:54pm
I am just tucking pillows right now too and it sucks. They are everywhere and taking over the bed and need readjusting every time I move. I need more support I think.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:55pm
I wonder that too - but thinking donating or selling would be easy enough.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 5:31pm
You reminded me that I used to have two body pillows during my last pregnancy - one in front and one behind. Poor DH was almost kicked right off the bed with all of my gear.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 1:09am
Yes, I have the most awesome maternity pillow that was given to me this pregnancy as a hand me down. I didn't have one my first pg and, let me tell you, it has made a HUGE difference.

Supposedely, my friend got the pillow sent to her from Paris. It has one large pillow area for the head and another large pillow that goes between your knees and they are connected by a thin strip of pillow. It is AMAZING and I don't know what I would do if I didn'thave it. I get up twice at night to use the restroom, but I do not toss and turn like I remember I did the first time.

I remember last time I was dying to lie on my belly again. This time I am pretty content with being on my side. I honestly sleep like a log and I attribute it to this pillow. It is well worth it to invest in one in my opinion . I haven't shopped for any pillows so not sure where to suggest looking, but it is a great investment if you get one that works for you. Are you planning to have more kids after this one?
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 1:14am
Just did a quick google search and yes, some of those pillows look very complicated. This one is supportive, but made from just normal pillow material. A couple of the pillows I saw looked too fluffy and puffy, so maybe the trick is finding one that is more similar to a normal pillow?
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-17-2012 - 9:32am
nope, this is the 5th and last baby. With only 4 weeks to go, I'm not sure if it's worth it - though I could sell it or gift it after. We just have other things to get and the pillows are spendy. I have been able to get into a pretty decent position lately. I'm finding it more comfy to lay propped with pillows on my right side instead of my left.
sig2-sm

Pages