Muscle "strain" normal?

iVillage Member
Muscle "strain" normal?
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 12:43pm

I've been having weird pains in my groin muscle region that I assume is normal, but I haven't experienced them prior to being pregnant, so I am concerned. If I sit up too fast or stand up from sitting too fast, I notice I get sharp muscle-like pains, almost like a muscle cramp or pull, on ether side of my groin area. It's happened maybe once a day and it really hurts, so I have to sit down again and slowly work my way up for it to stop hurting. I haven't had any spotting/bleeding or any cramping, just like a muscle band cramp. Anyone else experiencing this? I plan to bring it up in my OB appointment next week, but I wanted to throw this one out there to see if there might be some concern.

Thanks.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 1:10pm
I've had something similar but have attributed it to ligaments stretching in that region.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 2:02pm

I get those pains (and with my previous 2 pregnancies) and they are horrible. They are still mild but it got pretty bad with my older 2

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-07-2011 - 5:26pm
Oh man, I slept like crap last night because I kept waking up to these dang pains every time I'd switch sides! It's awful! Glad to hear it's normal, though. I thought it might, but it's not something I dealt with in my first pregnancy.
Photobucket