Not my week...

iVillage Member
Not my week...
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 8:31pm

Yesterday I found out that my glucose test was only ok and I need diet counseling.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 1:07pm

Glad they are watching things, but still scary to think of.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 2:12pm
Sorry to hear this! One thing is hard to handle...but being given two is worse. The dietitian will just give you guidelines to cut back on carbs. It is probably to ensure you won't develop full GD. Hugs momma!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 10:51am
Hang in there and stay positive. There is still time for that placenta to move enough that it's not a concern and a csection may not be necessary. But if it is, you have several weeks to ask questions and prepare instead of being in an emergency situation. Hopefully that can help ease your concerns and fears. I know it's hard, the unknown is scary and hard. take one day at a time and do all that you can do to keep things looking up.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2012 - 11:26am
Its beyond your control and finding peace with it is a great attitude!!
I have to come to realize the most important thing is getting baby here safe....and that's all that matters. Our bodies do heal and while not pleasant to go through we make it....
Good luck
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 9:11pm
Thanks everyone. There's a possibility that the placenta will move, but the doctor said it's not likely because it hadn't moved from December. I do have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to check. We'll see. I'm assuming the c-section will happen. If not, that will be a very happy day!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 4:25pm
A cousin of mine had full placenta previa and it resolved itself about 3 weeks before her due date and she went on to have a healthy vaginal delivery a day before her due date with her son. I hope it resolves for you, too. As for the GTT coming back high, it's not a horrible thing. I agree with a PP that the healthy foods will probably help you feel better and might even help with the previa movement.....? I don't know. I hope it all works out for you.

As for my previous c-section, it wasn't too bad. The day of was awful coming off of the spinal and nausea/vomiting that occurred with me for about 11 hours post op, but by the next day, I was feeling quite a bit better. My experience was the discomfort getting up and back down and some minor adjusting while I was laying down to BF, but once I was up, it was only minor discomfort with a support pillow to use. I was moving around without one within a week post op and by week 2, I was ready to start driving again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 12:38pm

I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

Liz DD (4) & DS (EDD 4/30) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 10:01am
Hopefully your placenta previa will resolve its self..i have had a c-section and a vaginal birth. My c- section was fine.. it only hurts, atleast in my experince, when moving to stand or sit.. the rest i felt fine.. once i was up i was in no pain .. i was up moving around feeling a bit of stomache pain 4 hours after my c-section.. i actually hurt worse with my vaginal.. i had a 4 th degree tear.. so im not typical.. good luck, try not to worry!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 10:01pm
I find it odd that your doctor cared so much about one number being high. Usually you have to have 2 high readings to fail, I believe. If you didn't fail, why does it matter what your 2nd hour test was? It's a pass/fail kind of thing--not an "uhm, maybe". That's the way I would personally feel about it anyway. It is nice that they're looking out for you though, on the upside. I wonder if placenta previa can resolve itself this late in the game? I thought I'd heard before that it can but I'm not sure if that is earlier or at any point.

Photobucket<