Pregnancy moodiness

iVillage Member
Pregnancy moodiness
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 10:06pm

I've not really had a problem with this before, in my previous pregnancies, but the moodiness is crazy for me this time. I literally knew I was pregnant after only a few days because I told my husband I was either losing my mind or I was pregnant. This was said in response to the fact that I was angry for no reason, despondent, crying, etc and knew it was from nothing but had no control over it. I must say it has leveled out some but I have got the worst short temper this pregnancy (not fair to the kids at all) and every once in a while I get melancholy for nothing. It has me kind of worried about whether or not I'm at a higher risk of potential PPD after birth. Anyone else experiencing this/ have experienced it before?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 10:15pm
Mine is a bit sporadic. Today I got really frustrated at DH for making too much noise while I was trying to watch a real estate show.

I did find during my last pregnancy I was far moodier and more depressed. It didn't affect how I felt after the birth though. Maybe it is the side effect of a girl pregnancy.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 10:37pm
I'm on and off moody, but I can actually feel it coming on and warn DH that I'm "not in my right state of mind" and nearly anything can set me off. My DS was the recipient of a pretty bad mood the other day, but I apologized and made up for it. I used to be a very moody person and when I was pregnant with my son, it was worse (poor DH!). I've grown up and mellowed out a lot, so I feel much less moody overall, so I feel that it's much more manageable.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 12:51am
Yes, I am sooo moody this time around! Omg, it has caused some tension between me and dh because I just fly off the handle over the littlest thing. I am so easily aggitated. I do not remember being this way last time, or at least not nearly as much. Just to give you an example, I was going to bleach some of my daughter's whites this morning. Had them sitting in the wash. Searching the house for more whites to bleach and by the time I was back to the wash saw dh had thrown all his clothes in there and started the load w/ all the whites I wanted to bleach. I was furious. Yea, so over the slightest thing it seems I over react or become emotional. I hope this has nothing to do w/ any ppd!
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 4:00pm
DH says I am "mean" when I'm pregnant. I didn't think I was that bad last time, but I guess I was moodier than I thought. I too know when it is happening and try to warn DH and the small people, but they still keep pushing...lol.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 8:44pm
soooooooo moody here! I attribute some of it to much less sleep and a very busy schedule with all the kiddos but it could be all hormones too. I'm probably making my whole family miserable too. :(
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 8:44am
In the beginning of my pregnancy with DD, and eve before I found out I was pregnant, the littlest thing could set me off and I would cry at the drop of a hat. I don't remember it continuing too far into the pregnancy though. This time around I feel like certain things set me off, mostly DH. I don't know if he's just not as sensitive this time around but he loves to push my buttons. We're constantly bickering (which is normal for us) but I'm just more sensitive to it now. Before it was always in a playful manner and that's how we got things off of our chests, now I just feel like he does it to get a rise out of me. I have to say that it's harder this time around because we have another child to take care of. I'm sure that makes our patience and tolerance that much smaller. I hope things get better for you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 1:04pm

I get aggitated easily, but I think I have a pretty good handle on that.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 11:18pm

I am VERY moody this time around. I wasn't really too moody with my other pregnancies from what I remember. However this time around the littlest thing sets me off. I chalk it up to the lack of sleep this time around. The insomnia is pretty bad and some nights I am lucky to get about 4-5 hours of sleep and then spend all day with two 4 year olds who I need to keep busy during the day and will fight over little things as they have completely different personalities

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 9:25am

I can tell I am moodier too....some of it has to do with the weather.

Photobucket