sciatica

iVillage Member
sciatica
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:14pm

With all of my previous pregnancies I have had sciatica (severe hip pain) but it's never started before the 3rd trimester before.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:31pm
I feel your pain! I also suffer from sciatica during my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with my 4th it got so bad that I couldn't even walk the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I wanted to be more proactive for my 5th pregnancy so I saw a physiotherapist who recommended a lot of stretches and exercises to do starting in the 1st trimester. I did them religiously all through my 5th pregnancy and had barely any sciatica. My sciatica just started acting up recently so I am doing the stretches and exercises again. Hopefully it will be as effective this time.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:56pm

I have all of the excersizes and stretches that they want you to do...only this time they aren't working :(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 4:20pm
My advice: be careful!!! They told me every time I was pregnant that it was sciatica, then between pregnancies "It will go away, it's just due to your having been pregnant". Finally I checked with the doctor for the millionth time, had an MRI and discovered I have herniated discs in my back. No one would take me seriously because of my age, but I kept insisting the stretches and exercising were not helping and were painful to do. Maybe when you are no longer pregnant you should have this checked further.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 8:07am
I had it with my last pregnancy. It started right about this time and lasted about a month, maybe a little more. It was so bad I could barely move. I've dealt with back issues for over 15 years so it wasn't a surprise to me to get it. I never got it in my 3rd trimester, thank goodness, just in my 2nd. I hope you can find something that will help you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 8:38am

Julianne~

Photobucket