Staypuft Marshmellow everything....ugh!

iVillage Member
Staypuft Marshmellow everything....ugh!
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 6:53pm

So, in continuation of the swollen feet conversation, that was kind of scary for me last night. I've had swollen feet from being on them and having them swell a little at the end of the day. But last night, man were they huge! It's like my feet and ankles doubled in size, my calves did, too! I ended up calling the advice nurse at L&D and she ran down the list of questions to check for pre-e. The only thing odd was the swelling, nothing else. She told me to take a warm shower and get my feet elevated. That did work by this morning, but my feet were jiggly while I was walking around. What a funky feeling!

So, right now, my feet feel like they're swelling again, my fingers and hands are swollen, and I noticed that I'm having a slightly hard time focusing my vision. I wear glasses and I've had them off and on through the day, but I'm noticing that looking away from my computer monitor to something I have posted to the side is causing havoc on focus. I do this often with no problem, so it is catching me off guard a bit. I'm at the point right now that I want to walk the few blocks to the nearest CVS and check my blood pressure.

Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive and freaking about the little things that really are okay. But, I'm coming up on 35 weeks and I just don't want anything to go wrong.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:52pm
What's your bp? Did u check it?

I think maybe a trip to your dr. Would be good.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 11:56pm
Yeah that seems a bit excessive. I would want to get checked out if I were you

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 12:22am
they say if your hands and face swell as well as the feet and your vision changes to get checked ASAP. I hope you're ok!