Those who have/ have had BP issues--how are you?

iVillage Member
Those who have/ have had BP issues--how are you?
Wed, 11-30-2011 - 2:48pm

Blood pressure issues are some of the worst issues to have while pregnant, it seems. It can be very tricky to control and cause a host of problems. If you have had in previous pregnancies, or have in this pregnancy, issues with your BP how are you doing? How is it being controlled?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
I had high blood pressure at the end of my pregnancy with my son, but it came right back down the day I delivered, so it was watched closely for the two weeks it was up. I sometimes have small spikes in BP because of my weight and stress, but the past few months, it has been low and the doctor hasn't said anything about watching mine. I'm sure it will come up closer to delivery date, though.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
That's the way it always happened with me too. I had it very severely with DS1 and it never got quite that bad with DS2, thank goodness. Both times it disappeared directly after birth. I don't know too much about how weight affects blood pressure but I think that is probably my number one issue at the end. I usually pack on 30 lbs at the end out of no where and that is when the BP begins to go up. They told me last time that usually it signals that you will eventually have a problem with BP, but thankfully mine is super low under normal circumstances.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member

My OB ws concerned b/c my BP went from 117/78 to 124/78 to 140/82.... but I am back to "normal" for me, which is 117/70-something.

Liz DD (4) & DS (EDD 4/30) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
I had Pre-E with Violet and spiked horribly. I was delivered because of how high it got with her. I had to have Mag sulfite during delivery. It sucked. With Abbie, they gave me meds in my 8th month of pregnancy because my bp was starting to climb. It got high, but never as high as with Violet. This time, my bp is already starting to climb. I will most likely wind up medicated towards the end. It stinks...
Photobucket