Ugh M/S I'm so Hungry!

iVillage Member
Ugh M/S I'm so Hungry!
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 10:37am

With my first three pregnancies I lucked out without having any M/S. This time around I am not having a very good time with it at all...but who does? Not only do gummy candies make me nauseous for a long period of time

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 11:12am

I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with this pregnancy!! I got some Sea Bands and they helped a little as well as those soft peppermints. I ended up needing Zofran tho, bc I my m/s got so bad I lost 12lbs!

I also found that if I didnt drink enough water or fluids that it made my m/s worse! I did live on rice krispie treats for a while tho, bc they were the only thing that didnt "re-visit" me! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 12:17pm
Unfortunately water is also on the nausea list. I can only take a few swallows at a time and been then I feel sick to my stomach. I just hope the m/s doesn't last that long. :(

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 1:07pm
That stinks! I hope it passes quickly!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 4:23pm
Hi there, I'm lurking from the March EC. I have had problems getting plain water down too, which is a real problem because if you don't get enough water you will feel sicker. I have found that I do better with water with a wedge of fresh lemon (sniff the lemon when you feel sick, it sounds totally stupid but it works), selzer (plain or with lemon), gatorade, ginger ale (try to find some made with real ginger, but if you can't, good old canada dry will work too), or dr pepper. Hope you feel better soon! Check out this article, I found it interesting and helpful. http://www.nymetroparents.com/article/Morning-SicknessCoping-With-The-Worst
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:06pm
I haven't gotten any aversions yet, but I started getting sick Friday and now, it's off and on all day. More annoying than anything. I had it with my son and the nausea was what clued me in before a BFP that I was pregnant. With him, I could set my watch by my nausea patterns. Right now, it's a few times a day for a few hours each time. Here's hoping it doesn't get worse. I might pick up some Sea Bands, they work really well, too. Good luck! And remember, sick is good...though it sucks! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 3:10pm
Thanks for the replies. I tried the lemon juice in water and it did help to get some down. It seems that now I am nauseated almost 24/7. I have now graduated to actually throwing up now. I just hope it eases up soon. It makes me so nervous and worried. It never happened with any of my pregnancies that went well but I was this way with the last pg that ended in m/c and I hope it isn't a sign of it happening again.

Karen

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 12:22pm
Sorry you are feeling sick

I have had a few moments of real nausea in the past few days where I actually worried about actually throwing up ... but usually I just feel queasy enough to make me feel awful, but don't actually throw up!

I found with my last two that eating more frequently in smaller amounts, and sucking on hard candy and popcicles helped

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 11:29pm
I am also nauseas all the time, and throwing up a few times a day, for the past 2 weeks so far. I have to munch crackers continuously, like 2-3 crackers every 45 minutes all day, along with slightly larger meals every few hours. Gum helps too. I also second the lemon wedge in water thing, and the smell of citrus really helps when another smell triggers my nausea.

It also helps me to keep eating small amounts all evening, up to right before I go to bed. I can't keep to a regular non-pregnancy healthy eating schedule, but I'm just letting my instincts guide me.