Varicose Veins?

iVillage Member
Varicose Veins?
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:19pm

I finally discovered for myself what the source of that uncomfortable heaviness/pressure/etc is that I've been experiencing in my groin/perineal area--varicose veins. I've never had these before and it never occured to me that they could start bugging me in the early part of the 2nd trimester. Even the advice nurse was stumped when I called in to ask her about it. Now I've figured it out, as I finally used a mirror and took a look down there. It has been a little worse in the past few days and I wondered. Any of you have experience with this? I've just been taking a nightly warm bath in hopes of relieving some of the feeling but I wasn't sure if there was more I could do. It certainly bugs me while I'm exercising.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 11:30am
Sorry no experience ...but I know several ladies that have had them and I know its miserable.
Sorry you have to go thru that! !!!!! :(
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 9:22pm
I was just going to ask if anyone is dealing with this. I have a pretty big problem this pregnancy. My right leg has a huge area around the knee and the veins on my knee are protruding. I also have an area on my "lower area". I had that one with my last pregnancy, but only toward the end. I would have been freaking out more had my SIL not just experienced this with her fourth child. So the only things to relieve them are to lay on your left side and wear compression stockings. Good luck! Mine are getting worse, painful and ugly :(
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 10:22pm
I wonder if it's a repetitive pregnancy issue? I never had them before. Not fun. I guess I'll have to keep myself on my left side more ::grumble::

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 4:36pm
Everything I've read says it gets worse with each pregnancy. Boo! It's amazing how quickly mine go away by laying down on my left side.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 7:10pm

Im a lurker from the feb board.. I have them this pregnancy and my doctor said there isnt much you can do!

There is something called a V2 support you can buy that helps (its sort of like a female jock strap).. but they are kind of pricey. I guess it would be worth it if you plan on having more kids.

I have had mine since about 25 weeks or so, and it comes and goes how bad they are.. Ive been told they SHOULD go away after the baby is born. But that is not always the case. I can post in a month or so and let you know if mine go away..lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 7:36pm
Oh goodness. I hope they go away after birth. I hadn't even considered that possibility!! lol Good luck on your delivery!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 3:35am

Yes the is underwear that